Legal Assistant II, Litigation Construction Defect
Company: AmTrust North America
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Litigation Legal Assistant is responsible for supporting a
team of attorneys litigating construction defect and general
liability cases. Ability to work remote while COVID-19 restrictions
are in place. Maintains a solid understanding of AmTrusts mission,
vision, and values. Upholds the standards of theAmTrust
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills,
the ability to type 40-45 wpm and must be proficient in Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Experienced in preparation of written correspondence and legal
pleadings including, but not limited to, motions, subpoenas,
notices, and judicial counsel forms.
- Communicate with clients, adversaries and claims partners.
- Support 3 attorneys with a case load of 40+ files each
- Coordination/scheduling of meetings, court hearings,
appointments, and depositions.
- E-filing in State and Federal Courts.
- Other required duties include providing information to claims
professionals and clients, composing and typing routine
correspondence, data entry, reading and routing of incoming mail,
taking calls from attorneys, claims professionals, opposing
- A minimum of 3 years experience with some of that experience
related to handling construction defect litigation.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work in a team
environment with attorneys, paralegals and other legal
- Ability to work in a paperless environment and embrace
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to vendors, clients, and other employees of
- Organized, self- motivated, with ability to work independently
with a great attitude.
- Proficient with State and Federal Court rules and e-filing
- Familiarity with California Code of Civil Procedure rules and
requirements relating to all stages of litigation.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation
package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our
benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including
eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending,
Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where
thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected.
This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences
with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation,
culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the
diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it
will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of
choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract,
retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as
more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of
who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our
This job description is designed to provide a general overview
of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all
activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in
this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description
at any time.
Keywords: AmTrust North America, Irvine , Legal Assistant II, Litigation Construction Defect, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!