EHS Specialist- Retail
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) retail specialist
leads the implementation of regulatory and corporate EHS programs.
This position is also responsible for promoting and sustaining our
safety culture, along with supporting environmental initiatives for
a broad range of activities. This role will ensure delivery of safe
and healthy workplaces for employees, our customers, and other
communities in which we operate. This candidate is essential in
driving continuous improvement for operations by working with the
business leaders to identify solutions to EHS
- Incredible interpersonal skills, including the ability to
influence others that do not report to you.
- Understands federal and state occupational safety and health
regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
- Collaborate with Facilities, HR, Security, and Site Leadership
to implement EHS policies, procedures and standards.
- Develop and implement site specific training needs for all
personnel to assure understanding of EHS programs.
- Act as point of contact for the coordination for EHS
communications and critical issues to and from Retail locations and
- Manage, and ensure, compliance with applicable air, stormwater,
solid/hazardous waste State & Federal regulations for multiple US
- Ensure regular EHS assessments are completed and communicated
to the appropriate teams.
- Advise on meeting the EHS requirements for existing and
emerging Retail stores and office space.
- Respond to regulatory agency inspections, inquiries, contacts,
and reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory
- Partner with local EHS support vendors and local
- Regularly audit the operations for compliance and work to
resolve barriers to achieving EHS goals
- Organize and support local First Responder teams
- Lead and support in the investigation of incidents and/ or
other workplace safety matters to determine root cause, and
corrective actions where necessary.
- Track compliance and ensure team members have completed EHS
training and competencies
- Prepare compliance policies, procedures, and other written
documentation and recordkeeping for individual retail locations in
support of federal and/or local regulations, inspections, or other
needs and expectations of other interested parties.
- Ensure operations meet Rivian requirements as it pertains to
internal standards. This will include: Health and safety
signage/postings, inspection and audit results, hazard assessments,
emergency response devices, and Federal/State requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5+ years related work experience. Prior work
experience in retail and or commercial/ logistics operations.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
- Understand complex regulations and be able to communicate
requirements to groups with diverse interests and backgrounds.
- Familiarity with root cause analysis techniques.
- Understanding of incident and injury prevention and other EHS
- Ability to work varied hours with travel required.
- Must be self-motivated with great communication skills.
- Must be organized and have knowledge of regulatory record
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural, team-oriented
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your
job search or application for employment, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Irvine , EHS Specialist- Retail, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!