Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This person will work closely with the Director of Prototype and
Special Projects, Prototype Engineering Manager, Prototype Shop
Manager, and PM teams to lead and deliver Prototype projects
on-time and of high-caliber
- Lead collaborative discussions with system engineers to deliver
production-intent vehicle systems on the prototypes. Audit designs
for manufacturing feasibility. Weigh problem fixes against project
needs to determine best solution on the floor.
- Lead a small team of Prototype Engineers and/or Prototype
Designers to design and analyze prototype level parts and systems
for Prototype Shop manufacturing. Lead DFM and DF Prototyping
efforts to ensure parts can be fabricated quickly and quality.
- Be responsible for leading and approving work instructions for
prototype vehicle system builds and retrofit activities.
- Be responsible for leading documentation of project
requirements and build issues using an implemented
- Lead project builds and collaborate with shop manager and
technicians to create new and improve existing shop processes for
increased throughput and quality.
- Work with Program Management team and Shop Manager to develop
- Clean and organized worker to maintain overall shop cleanliness
- 6+ years experience in Automotive Prototype environment
- A strong understanding and experience in a prototype and
fabrication shop processes
- BS Mechanical or relevant engineering degree
- Ability to solve problems quickly in a dynamic work environment
with aggressive timelines
- Passion for building in free time
- 10+ years CAD software experience (Catia, Solidworks, UG,
- Travel Requirements of Position
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
family or parental status, or any other status protected by the
laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will
not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.