Materials Engineer - Testing
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Perform physical testing such as tensile and compression
properties of materials using a universal tensile tester
- Perform general materials characterization such as density and
- Perform polymeric material characterization such as DSC/TGA and
- Perform thermo-mechanical and fatigue test on polymeric
materials and joints using DMA and fatigue tester
- Perform sample preparation as needed, including chemical sample
- Perform thermal and environmental exposure tests
- Assist in failure analyses in various materials and
- BS/MS in Materials Science/Engineering, Chemistry, or Chemical
- 2+ years hands-on experiences in materials testing
- Work effectively both independently and in a collaborative
- Very organized and detail oriented in documentation and
reporting, as well as cross functional data management
- Exceptional communication skills
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
family or parental status, or any other status protected by the
laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will
not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Irvine , Materials Engineer - Testing, Other , irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!