VFX Artist - Overwatch 2
Company: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
VFX Artist - Overwatch 2
As a player, there's nothing like experiencing visceral heart
pounding combat for the first time. From distinctive flash of light
as Tracer blinks out of view, to the rolling smoke that encases
Reaper right before he unleashes hell upon his foes These will be
the moments that etched into the memory of the next generation of
Blizzard fans, and they will be created by a VFX artist like
As a VFX artist on Overwatch, you'll use your extensive
experience working with 3D packages and in-game FX systems to
create a wide range of visual effects for both characters and
environments. An understanding of how good gameplay marries with
exceptional visuals is required as you jam with designers,
engineers and artists to develop exciting new heroes that will pop
off the screen thanks to your mastery in creating the textures and
geometry needed for stylized VFX.
If you're ready to tackle the challenge of helping realize the
next epic Blizzard title, we want to hear from you!
- Creation of handcrafted visual effects to be used in real-time
- Technical setup, integration, and troubleshooting of VFX in a
real-time game engine.
- Work with lead and senior artists to ensure timely completion
of VFX assets.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions,
critiques, and reviews.
- A minimum of 2 years creating real-time special FX for video
- Experience with creating consistently brilliant, eye-catching,
real-time FX using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game FX systems
- Able to paint stylized FX textures from scratch, matching an
- Proficient with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics,
- Familiarity with game design consideration for VFX
- Self-driven, excellent communicator
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles as a VFX
- Working knowledge of rendering engines
- Experience authoring custom materials and graphics shaders
- Scripting experience in Lua, Python, etc.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines - illustration,
modeling, animation, or technical art
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a
desire to push it to the next level
Required Application Materials
- Portfolio of work in digital format (website, blog, online
album, Dropbox, etc.). Physical media will not be accepted
- Cover letter
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home
model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time.
This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand
each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to
explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing
our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits
and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've
worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative
environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training
and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything.
Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are
dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiencesever.
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected
veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Work with lead and senior artists to ensure timely completion of
VFX assets. Serve as an active participant in team art discussions,
critiques, and reviews. Portfolio of work in digital format
(website, blog, online album, Dropbox, etc.). self-driven, lua, 3d
graphics, scripting, game design, rendering engines, excellent
communicator, python, animation, dropbox, visual effects, artist,
vfx, photoshop, VFX Artist, Audio Software Engineer, Lead Front End
Engineer, Lead Full Stack Engineer, Senior Machine Learning
Engineer, Senior Software Development Engineer, Site Reliability
Engineer, VFX Lead, Junior Machine Learning Engineer, Mobile Game
Keywords: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., Irvine , VFX Artist - Overwatch 2, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!