Executive Director, Global Creative Design & Art Direction, Smashbox
Company: Smashbox Cosmetics
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Este Lauder Companies are the global leader in prestige
beauty - delighting consumers with transformative products and
experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty.
Everyone has a story. Ours is original and authentic and sets us
apart from every other beauty brand. We're proud of our story, and
this is how we tell it: We live for lipstick. We get excited about
primers. (No, seriously, we do.) But mostly, we love sharing our
makeup secrets with you. Why? Because creativity and collaboration
are at the core of our DNA. We are the only brand born out of a
legendary photo studio - Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles - where
major photographers, celebrities and makeup artists converge to
create iconic images every day.
About the Job
He/she will be responsible for maintaining and elevating the
global image of Smashbox Cosmetics to support its longstanding
strong reputation as a global leader of prestige beauty. The
Creative Director will work with the Global VP Creative Director to
make sure the studio heritage comes through thru on all creative
executions, including storytelling, copy, photography, video, brand
guidelines, digital, social, and ecommerce.
He/she is expected to deliver thought-provoking, disruptive,
breakthrough creative direction to help illustrate, attract, and
engage stakeholders in important initiatives. Additionally, the
Creative Director will be responsible for all end-to-end planning
and execution of Creative Concepts, working with in-house resources
and agency partners to design and develop creative from concept,
pre-production, and post.
He/she will drive creative strategy and execution with a digital
first mind set, creating a holistic digital creative that can be
dispersed into various mediums and translated across all touch
points of the company. This role will lead and develop creative
team and organization design while continuing to up-skill function,
and ensure that creative resources are in place to carry out the
business plan, including partnerships with agencies. He/she will be
responsible for impeccable quality across all Creative output.
The position requires deep digital and photo shoot expertise, as
well as the ability to serve as a thought-partner and have an acute
ability to translate complex business concepts into breakthrough
creative. Being able to manage up/down and sideways is essential.
Being able to anticipate what's next, work in a fast-paced
environment, have a calm, positive and driven attitude, as well as
mentoring are keys to their success.About Your
- Develops 360 campaigns to support overall brand strategy and
activation with minimal guidance
- Ensures that all designs adhere to brand guidelines with
- Ensures collaboration with VM and Package Design teams to
enhance consumer communication and overall retail experience.
- Oversee development of Global Creative led digital marketing
asset creation including social content, influencer content, all
non-promotional site content and other digital assets including
- Planning, implementation and managing a variety of creative
projects within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Manage and update the Smashbox Global Creative Brand Style
Guide and help facilitate locally relevant creative for our
- Responsible for delivering guidelines and leadership to
regional Creative team that result in speed to market of locally
relevant creative assets that consistently align to global
- Must be able to concept, storytelling, create decks, and sell
work across disciplines
- Must be able to work with photographers, videographers, prop
stylists, producers, models and influencers to oversee a photoshoot
or video production
- Must be able to work with post-production editors and sound to
create video assets
- Must be able to make photo selects and work with post
- Develops new, innovative 2D/Digital concepts in line with brand
- Designs and concepts innovative, locally relevant digital
experiences to support brand strategy
- Leverages a digital and mobile-first mindset in design, showing
awareness of competitive landscape, trends and emerging
- Global Mindset:
- Provides guidance and direction on regional adaptions while
understanding need for local nuance with guidance (if
- Manages and updates style guides to support and guide regional
- Lead, manage, develop and inspire the Creative team, both day
to day and long term - engage team in the strategic vision and
- Direct full scope of Global led asset creation by channel,
platform and retailer across categories. Collaborate with
cross-functional North America teams, Global teams and outside
agencies (as applicable).
- Oversee coordination of all needs for photo and video shoots
(i.e., product comps, props, etc.)
- Drive creative strategy and execution with a digital first mind
set, creating a holistic digital creative that can be dispersed
into various mediums and translated across all touch points of the
- Lead and develop creative team and organization design while
continuing to up-skill function.
- Ensure that creative resources are in place to carry out the
business plan, including partnerships with agencies.
- Responsible for impeccable quality across all Creative
- Digital- and mobile-first mindset
- Global mindset
- Awareness of emerging technologies
- Creative integration across all media/sales channels
- Drive for innovation and disruption with luxury mindset (is a
- Experience managing regional execution against global
guidelines (is a plus)
How You Will be Successful
- Applies new and different ways of thinking to generate new
- Encourages self & others to be creative in approach to
- Influences externally and internally to gain commitment,
agreement and support
- Actively builds relationships
- Creates and sustains environment of trust and
- Adapts to new environments, processes and teams
- Proactively seeks diversification of knowledge, skills and
- Keeps updated on the business environment and economic
situations and understands the impact of the changes on the
- Strong business sense, with an understanding of how to leverage
creative to drive business.
- Track record of success in a digitally-driven creative
environment, preferably within luxury brands.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong project management experience.
- Highly developed design sense and desire to produce elevated,
brand-building, and innovative work.
- Active learner - staying ahead of industry, design, social
media trends and technology.
- Superior organization and time management skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and manage
multiple projects from concept to completion under varying time
- Excellent type/design skills, and conceptual design
- Possesses an excellent knowledge of design software - including
In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects.
- 10+ years in a highly productive creative environment.
- B.A. and M.A. in Graphic Design or fine art from a reputable
Job: Creative / Design
Keywords: Smashbox Cosmetics, Irvine , Executive Director, Global Creative Design & Art Direction, Smashbox, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!