Posted on: April 5, 2021
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving
lending market. mello, the Greek word for future, was the product
of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research &
development to transform & streamline the home buying process into
a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello is
just the beginning loanDepot will continue to invest in developing
our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our
customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional
service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideasits
a perfect match. Come join us!loanDepot We are Americas Lender.JOB
SUMMARY:Responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the
work generated by a product scrum team comprised of technology and
business stakeholders in order to ensure the most valuable and
proper functionality of the product. As Product Owner, you will
gather feature requests, schedule releases and coordinates
sprints.Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with
the companys policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal
laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Take the lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner.
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team
and stakeholders throughout the project and create
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for
the product. Define product vision, roadmap, and growth
opportunities. Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories,
epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum
value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration
of the user stories.
- Work closely with Technology engineering, architecture, data
management, security, support, and governance teams as well as key
Business partners and stakeholders, to create and maintain a
product backlog according to business value and
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation
for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting
successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Follow our competitors and industry trends for both technology
and mortgage industries.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team of technology and
business leaders to identify initiatives that best align with
- Collaborates with product teams, engineering, IT governance and
other solution stakeholders to ensure the availability and
consistency of key solution documentation and communications such
as Release Notes, training information content, and product
documentation platform standardization platform.
- Collaborates directly with other resource teams for cross
training opportunities between groups.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends,
and stays current with new technologies and identifies
opportunities for innovative ideas in regard to technology
selection to ensure best practices and technologies are being
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.STANDARD DUTIES
- If there are employees reporting to the position, then
responsible for recommending final hiring and termination
decisions, overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of
employees. Responsibilities include interviewing and training
employees; planning and directing work; managing performance;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the
trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds
organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows
respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others
on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of
harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and
on time; supports the companys goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or
safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report
potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with
occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations
and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are
applicable to ones own actions and conduct.ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and
responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations
and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited
to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the
immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a
short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and
outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other
groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving
multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing
duties.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelors Degree preferred, or minimum of eight (8) + years
experience working in a similar field.
- Minimum of four (4) + years of management experience
- Advanced SQL familiarity required.
- Minimum of seven (7) + years mortgage technology experience
- Minimum 2 years of SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager
- Strong knowledge of Mortgage Originations and/or Mortgage
Servicing are desired.
- Having experience in BKFS / MSP will be a plus.The Perks:
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental &
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional
voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for Americas Lender under the vision of
industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: loanDepot, Irvine , Product Owner-Servicing, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!