Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Location: US-CA-IrvineType: Part Time# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Barranca Surgery Center is a Multi-Specialty Surgical Center in
Irvine, Ca with 2 OR's and 2 GI Suites. We are a state-of-the-art
center and are looking for a Pre-Op/ Pacu Nurse. Specialties
include Orthopedics, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, GYN, ENT
and Ophthalmology. A positive attitude and the ability to thrive in
a fast paced environment are a must.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Purchasing/Supply Clerk is responsible assisting with the
facility inventory management plan to support patient care, and to
achieve organizational goals as directed by the facility
management. The Purchasing/Supply Clerk performs duties according
to scope of practice designated by the facility position
description, role and responsibilities.
- Responsible to maintain the facility inventory management plan
in the interest of delivering safe patient care as directed by the
- Responsible for the receipt and distribution of supply, floor
stock, office and stock supplies and rental equipment
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory
- Returns/removes excess stock
- Follows regulatory requirements and accreditation guidelines,
to support safety and security procedures:
- Performs periodic physical inventories as assigned and
according to identified schedules
- Keeps carts and shelves to standards: 6" from floor, 18" from
- Monitors, tracks, returns outdated supplies to ensure that no
outdated supply is issued.
- Ensures all receipts have purchase order numbers and are
- Checks all incoming shipments for damage.
- Follows major vendor contracts and policies from SCA.
- Provides economic and conservative management of facility
- Demonstrates appropriate awareness of age specific development
needs for the population served
- Ensures timely removal of soiled linen, and biohazardous and
non-hazard waste throughout facility according to linen and waste
- Pulls and stocks supplies for main supply areas and facility
- Distributes "Special Order Items" throughout facility
- Responsible for the department's accurate record keeping and
- Keeps all departments informed of shortages, back-orders,
re-calls and any supply issues affecting requests/needs
- Communicates to all vendors, sales reps and accounts as liaison
for clinical Teammates
- Meets all established deadlines for the ordering, receipt,
delivery and storage of supplies
- Checks and distributes all orders promptly and accurately
- Provides Administrator with data as requested
- Demonstrates ability to meet patients and family's learning
needs as identified in the plan of care under the direction of the
- Assists facility leaders to provide supplies and equipment as
needed for patient care needs
- Assists the facility leaders to provide appropriate
interventions related to patient and environmental safety
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated
skills identified for position.
- Completes competencies and competencies checklists for
education and training specific to job position, duties, role and
responsibilities and according to facility policy
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Prefer 1-2 years of experience in medical supplies/equipment
and materials management.
- Current BLS card or within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, move, bend, stand for long
periods of time, hand and finger agility.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Irvine , Purchasing Clerk, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!