Innovation Leader, Google Cloud
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Innovation Leader, Google Cloud
In light of these unprecedented times, Softchoice is committed to
the safety of our candidates and our employees. With that in mind,
we have implemented virtual interviewing for all candidates. We
understand that you may need to interview with distractions around
you (such as children or furry friends) and we will most likely be
doing the same! For those joining Orange Nation, we will be
onboarding all new employees remotely. Rest assured, though, that
offering a human and inspiring onboarding experience is our top
We are seeking an Innovation Leader for GCP who is eager to impact
thousands of companies across North America by helping Softchoice
build capabilities with Google Cloud Platform.
This is a unique opportunity for the right individual. Are
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial?
- Do you believe you can do more? And want to be a part of
something bigger that drives industry wide impacts?
- Do you believe that the ultimate reward should always be client
- Are you a strong communicator and desire an opportunity to
exercise those skills?
The Innovation Leader for GCP will be a pivotal contact connecting
many parts of the Softchoice organization including the Business
Development and Sales teams. They will work directly with Google to
understand the enablement programs and translate how they apply to
help Softchoice execute on their public cloud strategy.
The role will require excellent customer service experience and an
ability to understand a client's business challenges around cloud
use and consumption. As an advocate of the GCP platform
communication skills will be key to successfully provide clarity
and motivation to internal teams within Softchoice.
- Participate in the Innovation activities where the role's
involvement brings experience and direct customer awareness of
solution needs and customer experience considerations. This will be
tied to 4 critical objectives for this role:
- Thought leadership - The innovation leader will bring a
combination of hands-on experience, expert-level accreditation and
a demonstrable experience helping improve the way people work
through the use of technology. As a customer-facing ambassador of
the GCP public cloud practice, the innovation leader will help to
build and nurture community through education and evangelize the
possibilities of modernized IT Operations and Application
Development via DevOps culture with GCP to clients and internal
- Offering creation - The innovation leader will be responsible
for creating new point solutions and modify existing point
solutions that help our clients securely migrate and modernize
their data and applications from client to cloud. The innovation
leader will ensure the point solutions are aligned to our overall
corporate strategy as well as provide the ability to deliver these
solutions at scale across North America.
- Mentorship - The GCP innovation leader will invest in and be
accountable for the growth and development of his/her peers that
enable the successful selling and deployment of service
- Sales and Sales Support Teams
- Cloud, Application and Solution architects
- Delivery and DevOps engineers and consultants
- Marketing and Business Development
- Growth - The Innovation Leader will have a shared
responsibility for the growth of the overall GCP and Public Cloud
practice and will demonstrate this by supporting strategic presales
activities and marketing event content creation and delivery.
- This is an important and high-profile role within Softchoice.
If you think you have what it takes to lead our GCP initiatives, we
want to hear from you!
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- Demonstrable experience with implementing and/or selling GCP
- Google pro certification(s)
- Understand DevOps and application modernization concepts and
how to apply these concepts to a customer's cloud journey.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in Application Development, IT
administration and or IT management, consulting, professional
services and/or software engineering--- previous practice leader
experience will be rewarded
- Demonstrable experience defining IT policies and operational
guidelines for GCP or other cloud solutions
- Understanding of Information classification and an ability to
facilitate that discussion with clients
- Work well in a team environment and can lead teams of peers to
accomplish complex objectives
- Communicate effectively and accurately while aligning goals and
objectives of multiple stakeholders in the organization
- Public Speaking and presentation skills leveraging multiple
mediums like, video calls, whiteboarding, and PowerPoint
- Passionate and creative problem solver
- Works well as an individual contributor with a focus on
execution of tasks leveraging an agile approach
- Embraces the challenge of being a change agent
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once
you've applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will
review your resume and application against all open roles at
Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you
may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and
development process, we utilize tools to help us better match
candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have
completed both the formal online application and the Predictive
Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10
minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will
reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more
about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates
selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.
However, we will retain your application on file and would be
pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career?
Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by
the Great Place to Work Institute for 15 consecutive years
- Certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of
- We've raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services
providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented
organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our
partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential.
Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where
employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a
member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee
is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches
each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to
Please note that we will review your application and only those
candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted
directly. However, we will retain your application on file and
would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
- Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check,
education verification and reference checks are required prior to
- Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during
the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations,
please let us know in your application or reach out to
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to
meet your accessibility needs.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Keywords: Softchoice, Irvine , Innovation Leader, Google Cloud, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!