IT and Technology – Electrical Hardware /
Rivian is developing vehicles, technology, and services that
inspire people to get out and explore the world. Whether it’s a
family camping trip or a weekend away, we provide the ultimate
platform for experiencing life’s adventures.
We have development centers in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA and
Irvine, CA. In addition to our three development locations, we have
a modern, functioning 2.6 million square foot manufacturing plant
in Normal, IL.
Core to delivering our vision is building a team of passionate
people. We have assembled an outstanding team with a wide range of
backgrounds including automotive, technology, industrial equipment,
consumer electronics and aerospace. Our diverse team shares an
innate curiosity for the world, the ability to dream beyond today
and a hunger for getting things done.
This is what you'll do:
- A blend of engineering and manufacturing, you’ll be at the
heart of the production launch process.
- Push electronic modules through from LRIP to High Volume
Manufacturing with the contract manufacturer and at the plant
- Proactively identify high risk areas in production and
engineering design cycle
- Work with contract manufacturers to perform DFM analysis and
optimize at all levels.
- Work with contract manufactures and Supplier Quality to
perform and review PFMEAs and optimize processes for volume
- Identify, root cause, and track issues and work with design
engineers on necessary design changes through the production and
vehicle launch process.
This is what you'll need:
- XRay vision (or the ability to use an X-ray) to pinpoint
manufacturing and launch issues
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing engineering of electronic
- 2+ years experience in engineering design and change
- BSEE, BSME, or equivalent
- Understanding of the Automotive PPAP process
- Ability to travel as needed to CM
- Ability to work and communicate with cross functional
- Proven experience tracking the progress of multiple
- Strong team player; drive to exceed expectations and meet
- Ability to manage ambiguity and create clarity; oversee
multiple projects and make them better
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at
Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
family or parental status, or any other status protected by the
laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will
not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.