Design Release Engineer - Powertrain Structures · Lead Design of
gearbox and driveline components from concept to production
· Perform research, design and development of components and
· Develop and mature concepts from concept to production
validated using a design creation process
· Create and work with suppliers for specifications and
requirements of the components.
· Lead and liaison with suppliers and manufacturing for
component specifications and definition
· Responsible for maturity and quality components and/or
subsystem 3D CAD and technical drawings.
· Provide technical support and system analysis for root cause
analysis of development issues
· Provide professional reports and documentation for the system
with information provided by design responsible engineers
· Coordinate, lead and participate in design reviews
this is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a minimum 4 years of
relevant experience required. Degree in mechanical engineering
· Preferred experience in the following areas: Driveline,
Transmission, or eAxle Fundamentals, how to interpret technical
drawings, GD&T, Tolerance Stacks, bearings and housings.
· Knowledge of casting process for low- and high-pressure
· Knowledge of machining methods and processes for housings and
· An understanding of bearings, bearing types, and basic
parameters of bearing geometry
· A general understanding on how to interpret and mature a
product with results from FEA.
· The ability to work independently, and to lead, coach and
· CAD knowledge and working experience in 3D and drawing
creation and modification (CATIA preferred)
· The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group
setting, including essential technical guidance to support Senior
· An understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and
how to apply it.
· An understanding of gearbox and driveline fundamentals
· Dynamic attitude with desire to learn and expand your
knowledge and capability
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Plymouth, MI
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and
San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing
facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at
Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
family or parental status, or any other status protected by the
laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will
not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.