Reliability Engineering Manager - Irvine Reliability is at the
core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a Manager of the
Reliability Engineering team, you will play a key role in designing
and assuring reliability for Rivian products.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Build a team of Reliability Engineers that focus on Design-
for-Reliability for Rivian products.
· Provide technical direction and develop the tools, systems and
processes to effectively design-in reliability.
· Lead analysis and goal setting for reliability in order to
improve requirement setting and testing methods.
· Manage the facilitation of Design FMEA sessions in order to
drive reliable design choices and improve validation test
· Manage the Development of reliability design guidelines and
the application of reliability lessons learned to enable continuous
· Provide technical direction on accelerated test methods
to explore design margins and grow reliability quickly.
· Manage, direct and optimize the reliability test plans for
components and subsystems.
· Partner with the reliability testing teams to assure a smooth
transition from planning to execution of reliability tests.
· Partner with design teams and provide reliability input in
· Partner with Field Reliability and Failure Analysis to assure
reliability lessons learned are incorporated into future
· Manage, resolve, communicate and escalate reliability risk
throughout the product development phases.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Experience or interest in developing teams and managing
· A strong technical background in reliability such as:
· Understanding of Highly Accelerated Testing methods and
governing equations for different types of failure mechanisms.
· Experience with facilitating FMEAs and leading cross
· Good understanding of reliability statistics including Weibull
· Knowledge of Fault Trees and reliability block diagrams to
assess system reliability.
· Good understanding of physics of failure.
· Experience with deploying reliability testing guidelines and
inventing new ways of testing.
· A desire to contribute to a respectful, inclusive and
inspiring team culture.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Location: Palo Alto CA, or Irvine CA
Rivian?is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and
San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing
facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at
Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
family or parental status, or any other status protected by the
laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will
not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.