Senior Manager, New Product Development Program Management
Senior Manager, New Product Development Program Management
Careers that Change Lives
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
Lead a team of program managers engaged in leading research and
development programs for the neurovascular (stroke) and
cerebrospinal fluid management medical device space.
These product development programs are of high complexity, team
size, and/or breadth of responsibility. Program results are
accomplished through delegation of responsibility to individual
contributors who exercise significant latitude and independence in
their assignments. Program managers provide direction and
leadership to a cross-functional program development team including
members with expertise from all areas involved in product
commercialization. Program managers plan and execute new product
development projects utilizing project management methodology from
concept to launch.
Day in the life
• Directly supervises a team of program management related
disciplines, which may include Sr. Program Managers, Program
Managers, Project Managers, and Program Specialists.
• Focus on managing performance, developing talent, engagement
and inclusion, communicating business and operational developments,
planning, prioritizing and / or directing the responsibilities of
• Goal achievement is typically accomplished through performance
of direct and / or indirect reports.
• A key responsibility of roles in this career stream is
managing people which includes: accountability for mentoring,
developing and coaching staff on meeting/exceeding performance
expectations and defined objectives, and providing leadership to
Daily Responsibilities, typically via direct reports but
• Leads or leverages cross functional teams to evaluate, develop
and manage projects for new product development and ongoing
lifecycle management of products, processes and therapies.
• Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing
• Manages the development and implementation process of a
company’s products and services involving departmental or
cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing
products and processes.
• Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and
prepares status reports.
• Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
• Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet
productivity, quality, and business-satisfaction goals and
• Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for
intervention and problem solving.
• Gathers requirements, works on requirements planning,
requirements elicitation and requirements management to ensure they
meet demands of project’s key stakeholders.
• Communicates with stakeholders, obtains stakeholder engagement
to ensure the end products or processes will solve the business
Strategy and Business Impact:
• Sets strategy for the Program Management function. Drives
continuous improvement of the product development process and
• Frequently communicates with higher level business unit and
group leadership. Leads briefings and meetings with internal and
• Demonstrates mastery of project management methodology and
• Leads with high ethical standards.
• Champions an environment where the personal worth of employees
is recognized and individual differences are respected and
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Similar related field and
7+ years of experience with 5+ years of managerial experience
- An Advanced Degree in Engineering or Similar related field and
5+ years of experience with 5+ years of managerial experience
Nice to Have
• Medical device development experience
• Demonstrated track record of leading multiple successful
projects that met business and product objectives.
• Cross-functional knowledge and/or experience.
• Ability to build a strong cohesive cross-functional team
through motivational and teambuilding skills.
• Ability to lead within complex organizations requiring strong
influence management skills.
• Good communication (oral and written), presentation and
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Mastery of project management skills; knowledge of process and
project planning best practices.
• Ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix
environment to build and maintain the positive relationships
required to accomplish organizational goals.
• Demonstrates initiative; results oriented.
• Effective decision making skills - ability to negotiate and
balance decisions and priorities across needs of several functional
departments. Makes timely decisions in the face of risk and
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Must be professional, dedicated, and detail-oriented.
• Lean six sigma methodology / DFSS / DRM recommended
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we
push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do
to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better
than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding
place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create
meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right
people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal
healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required
responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life
section of this job description are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with
regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to
confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly
hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify
program, please click here .