Take primary responsibility for all testing and documentation
requirements necessary to enable certification of trucks and
multipurpose passenger vehicles for North American markets:
- Assist design and engineering teams with interpreting
regulatory requirements, including seeking out interpretations as
- Determine applicable test configurations, develop detailed
test plans and assist in scheduling certification tests for each
subject applicable regulation.
- Develop and populate compliance reports for all FMVSS and
CMVSS subjects, including collation of all necessary test reports,
drawings, and judgments.
- Interface with applicable regulatory bodies (NHTSA, Transport
Canada, etc) as needed.
- Support TREAD specialist in analyzing field data with respect
to regulatory requirements.
- Track and report certification status.
- Monitor product changes and update compliance reports as
Along with the Homologation and Safety teams, ensure Rivian
products are designed to meet global active and passive safety
regulatory and consumer ratings targets:
- Monitor the status of applicable global regulations (e.g.
FMVSS, ECE, GB) and consumer ratings protocols (e.g. US and Euro
NCAP, IIHS, RCAR) as they are updated.
- Communicate current and upcoming regulatory requirements to
the engineering team, through formal and informal design reviews,
and in our requirements management tool.
- Assist in scheduling and overseeing all regulatory testing for
This is what you’ll need:
· 3-5 years’ experience in homologation at an OEM, preferably on
an electric vehicle or large commercial vehicle program.
· A robust understanding of the entire US and Canadian
· A strong understanding of U.S. state and federal regulations
including active and/or passive safety and environmental
regulations applicable to electric vehicles.
· Deep curiosity to understand the product, how the regulations
may be applied and to find creative solutions.
· Understanding of regulatory requirements non-NAFTA markets
· Familiarity with FMCSA regulations preferred.
· Experience with a formal requirements management tool (jama,
DOORS, etc.) and systems engineering principles preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships across the
Rivian organization as well as with government authorities and test
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond
redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem.
From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re
working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain
points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a
willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting
things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and
we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our
vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in the Detroit area, San Jose,
Irvine, and the UK, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal,
Illinois. The development of our first set of products is well
underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at
Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
family or parental status, or any other status protected by the
laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will
not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.