Technical Program Manager - Drive Unit Development, Powertrain ·
Generate future drive unit plans to roll up and meet Vehicle level
· Lead the execution of the production release process and
ensure that all tooling is kicked off on time.
· Develop and manage the plans for prototype builds.
· Ensure Engineering Documentation is coordinated & managed to
project milestones – Risk assessment/management, Requirements,
DFMEA, DVP, Functional Safety.
· Lead design reviews both internally and with cross-functional
systems to identify and solve engineering issues.
· Ensure Project gateway deliverables are understood in detail
and resources planned to deliver green deliverables.
· Ensure that drive unit specifications meet vehicle and product
portfolio attribute definition with clear communication between
Powertrain and other cross-functional teams.
· Prepare statuses and evidence for all Gateways and
· Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all
times. Define and manage process and regular meetings.
· Support in ensuring that Program Budgets are executed within
· Ensure, ahead of release, that all designs meet Design For
Manufacture (DFM) standards for both internal and external
manufacturing supply options.
· Integrate successfully with Powertrain and Vehicle program
· Elevate issues and risks immediately to mediate impact to the
this is what you’ll need:
· Ability to work and communicate with cross functional
· Understanding of Electric Powertrain Platforms
· 5+ years automotive experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology/Business
Management field or related work experience
· Familiarity with program management process and vehicle
· Strong team player
· Experience creating and implementing new processes
· Excellent written and verbal skills
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous
forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure
Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and
San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing
facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at
Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
family or parental status, or any other status protected by the
laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will
not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.