Senior Resident Engineer
Company: Cygnus Talent
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Job DescriptionJob SummaryThis is a leadership role in the
overall development and management of a growing CM group in the
Southern California region (Los Angeles County and Orange County).
This position reports to the CM Department Director. The successful
candidate will conduct business development, establish new
contacts, maintain existing clients, market CM projects, and accept
responsibility as Resident Engineer of CM projects. Additional
duties include, independently performing comprehensive construction
management and contract administration on a variety of complex
public works construction projects. Represents Cannon before public
agencies, consultants, and contractors. Supports all activities
associated with construction management, contract administration,
contract planning/execution, contractors scheduling review and
analysis, change order management, interaction with utility
companies, coordination of materials and soils testing,
coordination of special inspections, and oversight with field
inspection and observation functions as required. Performs
inspections, manages staff inspectors, and coordinates services
between departments. Establish new contacts and maintain existing
clients. Job Duties
- Performs construction management of public works projects such
as roadway construction (new roads, overlay, widening), earthwork,
drainage, pipelines, water/wastewater facilities, municipal and
transportation structures, and signalized intersections, and
- Analyzes and implements solutions to complex construction
problems and contract issues.
- Negotiates, organizes, and maintains thorough and up-to-date
project records and claims documentation.
- Conducts business development and creates proposals and
- Primary point of contact with clients and approving
- Supervises and mentors inspection and construction management
work of junior engineers.
- Uses technical knowledge to furnish comprehensive
constructability analysis and review of construction
- Develops and implements construction management plans for
complex civil projects.
- Maintains scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Schedules and manages construction engineering, inspection,
observations services, and administration staff as needed.
- Reviews drawings and project submittals for conformance with
- Coordinates sub consultant activities such as materials
testing, and construction staking.
- Prepares, negotiates, and implements Contract Change Orders
- Communicates effectively with various departments, clients, and
- Meets with contractors to plan and coordinate work, resolve
issues related to work areas, scheduling, sequencing, operations,
budgets/payments, and other contract labor compliance and
- Performs reviews and implementation of CPM Schedule.
- Conducts meetings, including Pre-construction Conference and
Weekly Progress meetings.
- Performs calculations of construction item
quantities.Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or closely
- 10+ years of experience in Construction Management and Civil
- California P.E. license in Civil Engineering required.
- Experience in management of client relationships.
- Experience expanding CM services.
- Must have experience coordination with public utility agencies,
i.e. PG&E, AT&T, Charter, SoCal Gas, etc.
- Must have experience coordination with government agencies,
i.e. Caltrans, RWQCB, Army Corps, Fish and Game, etc.
- Must have existing contacts and relationships within public
works agencies in Orange County area.
- Knowledge and experience in construction safety.
- Knowledge and experience in earthwork, grading, drainage
construction, streets, roads, and transportation structures.
(Caltrans experience a plus).
- Knowledge and experience in water/sewer/storm drain
infrastructure construction and in traffic control within the
- Knowledge and experience with the implementation of State and
Federal funding provisions, water regulations, and document
- Knowledge and experience in Prevailing Wage requirements and
- Valid, clean driver's license as regular daily travel is
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in use of Construction Management Documentation
Software (such as Procore, EADocs, etc.) a plus.
- Proficiency in CPM Project Scheduling software (MS Project,
Primavera, Suretrak, etc.) a plus.*Relocation provided for
California Residents. *Actively hiring during COVID-19.
Keywords: Cygnus Talent, Irvine , Senior Resident Engineer, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!