Be the Single Point of Contact for ESS for a specific vehicle
- Be the Program/Technical expert who supports all technical
delivery, design reviews, concept definition and resolution of all
ESS Engineering/Project concerns.
- Ensure Project gateway deliverables are understood in detail
and resources planned to deliver green deliverables.
- Lead Production Releases – Co-ordinate and manage Design &
Release Engineers to have production release plans in place and
executed with no late releases & no late parts for the build
- Ensure Engineering Documentation is co-ordinated & managed to
project milestones – Risk assessment/management, Requirements,
DFMEA, DVP, Functional Safety.
- Vehicle Builds – Manage and co-ordinate all BOMs, part
procurement for all pre-production build phases.
- Establishing piece, investment cost and weight targets
- Own Finances – Manage the design and engineering content to
deliver the BOM & investment targets for ESS for a specific Vehicle
project. Document and report all risks and opportunities and ensure
all components have targets which roll up to the ESS functional
- Manage all designs to weight targets.
- Understand and ensure system and component designs are
complementary and deliver Vehicle attribute targets.
- Ensure, ahead of release, that all designs meet Design For
Manufacture (DFM) standards for both internal and external
manufacturing supply options.
- Co-ordinate and manage cross functional teams in a
simultaneous methodology to deliver designs in line with production
- Support program meetings - acting as the voice of the ESS
functional team to the Vehicle program team and vice-versa and
represent the ESS functional team in all required program/senior
- Ensure ESS functional timing plans deliver to the program
This is what you’ll need:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 10 years+ Automotive High Voltage ESS Engineering & Project
delivery through all project phases from concept to series
- Have demonstrated excellent leadership of major projects
through their successful delivery from concept to production
- Excellent inter personal skills with the ability to
collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional
departments both internally and externally.
- Energy & curiosity to make things happen, seek out solutions
and represent a world class brand.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and
San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing
facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at
Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
family or parental status, or any other status protected by the
laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will
not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.