POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Director supports the Business unit heads by providing
information and financial analysis of Gross Margin and SG & A
expenses and other information relevant to ensuring the company’s
profit objectives are met. Provides all US related financial
reporting, forecasting and budgeting information on a timely basis.
The Director is the main financial partner for the Wholesale
segment and is responsible to reporting consolidated advertising,
promotions and visual spending.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs Budget planning/reporting and financial forecasting
functions for all items that impact the P&L
• Partner with key management leadership to challenge and
maintain 3-year financial forecasts for various purposes including
portfolio analysis and bank updates
• Support the development and implementation financial goals
metrics and Key Performance Indicators to continuously improve
business segment performance
• Preparation of board ready presentations of both annual, and
3-year financial forecasts, including identification of
opportunities and risk
• Support delivery of a robust annual budgeting and forecasting
process aligned to the Company and wider business needs
• Completes and provides month end closing and reporting (flash
& actual) of the financial data at both the individual business
segment and consolidated business level.
• Tracks progress of business performance by evaluating key
operating indicators, sales, gross margin, SG& A, DSO, and excess
• Analyzes financial impact of proposed programs, sales
incentives and promotions.
• Prepares the month end General Management Letter which
provides detail on the monthly and year-to-date results compared to
• Reviews all direct marketing expenditures and period
departmental expenses and track spending to both Budget and Prior
• Coordinates and works closely with Greater China counterparts
on International segments.
• Reviews and track all appropriation requests for the
• Prepares financial presentations (internal and external).
• Ensures IFRS compliance.
• Provides resource optimization recommendations to maximize
• Provides information for “ad hoc” requests as necessary
• Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication,
attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
• Naturally demonstrates skills including adaptability and
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and
• Strong financial modeling skills with an expert grasp of
• Ability to turn complex financial information into Board ready
presentations to support decision making, planning and investment
strategies in PowerPoint.
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety
• Adhere to local, state and federal laws
• Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when
• Interacts with all levels throughout organization including
employees and outside vendors
• Strong stakeholder management and communication skills – both
verbal and written
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum
qualifications which an individual need in order to successfully
perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Business Acumen
• Decision Making
• Solutions Orientated
• MBA degree preferred or equivalent experience with a medium
size manufacturing/consumer goods company; Bachelors Degree in
Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar
• 15+ years of relevant experience proficiency in financial
analysis, GAAP/IFRS accounting, budgeting, factory accounts, credit
and collections, and performance measurement
• Retail / Consumer Product & Manufacturing experience
• Chinese Mandarin professional proficiency highly preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled
individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all
documentation and reports
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate
with employees and other customers