POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Head of Product Development will be accountable for leading
the company product sourcing and development strategies from
inception through pre-production release. This role manages the
product team, sets the critical path and ensures deadlines are met.
Head of Product Development will evaluate and recommend current and
future supply chain. This role is a relationship builder with
consistent delivery on Quality Standards, Price/Value and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Partner with Design, Merchandise and Production Leaders to
align on business priorities and assortment architecture to build
resources (internal and external) needed to deliver on assortment
• Drive financial results by providing design solutions for
business opportunities that are differentiated from the market
place and unique to Brand, including business shifts, key
initiatives, new product concepts and seasonal focuses.
• As product line evolves seasonally, this role is responsible
to communicate all modification of design, externally and
internally, to all design partners.
• Perform competitive research; continually evaluate marketplace
to identify and review applicability of key trends in
manufacturing, fabrications and construction; identify significant
innovations and share with partners in Merchandising and Design on
regular basis; maintenance of development archive of materials,
hardware, etc. for production.
• Proactive approach to direct interface with factories, mills,
vendors and team(s) from inception to pre-production engineering to
execute efforts in special garment development, enhancements and
modifications to designs and materials, including line and
discount/derivative products, in order to maintain aesthetic and
achieve financial goals.
• Partner with Merchandising, Design and Sales to develop and
monitor successful execution of Creative Path timeline and in
• Lead, develop and manage team members. Set clear objectives,
provide ongoing performance feedback, and evaluate potential.
• Leverage cross-functional synergy within the organization to
leverage and champion the Product role.
• Manage interoffice communication and follow-up with internal
and external customers and contacts regarding production, including
suppliers and vendors.
• Manage fiscal responsibility of Design Sample Budget and
review quarterly reports from Finance partners and Department
• Attract, develop and retain talent.
• Travel to factories and international trade shows, where
• Manage special projects on as needed basis.
Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication,
attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
• High taste level and understanding of Women’s Luxury
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety
• Adheres to local, state and federal laws
• Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to
• Must be able to travel 35% of time to visit International, US
contractors and St John factory in Tijuana, Mexico based on
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when
• Supervises, Development Team
• Provides coaching, direction, develops and empowers direct
• Ensures work flow and processes are to maximum efficiencies
for business necessity
• Interacts with all levels throughout organization including
employees and outside vendors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum
qualifications which an individual should possess in order to
successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the
• High Taste level & experience with women’s luxury apparel
• Ability to multi-task
• Client Focus
• Business Acumen
• Embraces Change
• Results Oriented
• Solutions Oriented
• Time Management
• 10 or more years of experience in relevant areas of product
• In-depth knowledge and experience in garment construction,
manufacturing methods and workflow management
• Degree or diploma in garment engineering or
• Efficient working knowledge using Microsoft Office Programs
(Word, Excel, Outlook) and company intranet
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled
individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate
with employees and other customers.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel
and type; reach with hands and arms.
• Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 25 lbs.