Thermal Firmware Test & Integration Engineer - Develop embedded
firmware to control various thermal electromechanical
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers and SME to define and
- Integrate various supplier components
- Support thermal testing for battery cooling and heating,
powertrain cooling and cabin comfort features.
- Support cold and hot weather thermal controls testing.
- Define and implement various tests that include:
-Software unit test
-Component HIL tests
-Sub System HIL tests
- Work with UX/UI teams to ensure system meets all HVAC
requirements meets as per expectation.
- Support in-vehicle testing, labcar testing and thermal rig
- A degree in either Bachelor of Science in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in vehicle and system development
- 5+years of experience in vehicle firmware testing and
- Basic understanding of refrigeration cycle and fluid mechanics
is a plus.
- Understanding of Electric vehicle thermal system and Vehicle
HVAC is a plus.
- Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable
deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and
execute individual responsibilities with minimal guidance-
- Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply
creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
Department: Energy Management Systems
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the
emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the
curious, courageous souls we seek to attract. As a company, we
constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what
has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions
and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds
are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a
desire to protect it for future generations. We operate development
centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine, CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey,
England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal,
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at
Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
family or parental status, or any other status protected by the
laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will
not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.