Business Continuity Specialist (Entry Level)
Company: Mechanics Bank
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Mechanics Bank is currently searching for a Business Continuity
Specialist located in our Irvine office. This role is an entry
In this role you will maintain and update business continuity
program documentation with high quality that meets applicable
standards. Assist with business continuity/disaster recovery
requirement testing to determine level of adherence and
effectiveness. Map the business continuity program requirements to
current regulations. Assess business or process requirements,
completed research and analysis to determine viable solutions.
Monitor and report compliance to BCP including analyzing,
documenting, and disseminating information on process, standards
and initiatives. Performs quality assurance on BCP activities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Support and implement business continuity planning efforts at
* Assist leadership with the Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
* Assist leadership with the Emergency Evacuation Program
* Responsible for conducting quality assurance on business
continuity plans and tasks (i.e. plan updates, testing and training
* Maintain the BCP software tool, Emergency Notification tool, and
department SharePoint site.
* Log and track business continuity testing/training tasks and
* Conduct monthly reporting on business continuity planning
* Participate in table-top and full scale exercises (e.g., BC and
* Takes minutes for business continuity meetings.
* Monitor and manage the functional mailbox.
* 10 to 15% expected travel
WHO YOU ARE:
* Strong PC related skills. Minimum requirement is demonstrated
competency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Visio, MS
Access, and SQL will be a plus.
* Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills.
* Ability to function in a collaborative environment.
* Ability to analyze business problems and opportunities and
provide effective solutions.
* Good organizational and analytical skills, detail oriented and
ability to probe and get closure on issues promptly.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of information security,
including control and risk management concepts.
* Strong analytical skills, including the ability to probe
sensitive issues while maintaining the highest level of integrity
* Highly Proficient with: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
* Possess good human relations, communications and business writing
* Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
* High level of cooperation with others and responsive to the Bank
* High level of accuracy and great attention to detail.
* Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in
handling and having access to sensitive customer or employee
* Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
* Able to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and
* BS/BA Degree highly preferred
* Minimum 1 year of business experience is ideal
* MECHANICS BANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ALL QUALIFIED
APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD
TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN,
AGE, GENETIC INFORMATION, VETERAN STATUS, OR ON THE BASIS OF
DISABILITY, GENDER IDENTITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR OTHER BASES
PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
Keywords: Mechanics Bank, Irvine , Business Continuity Specialist (Entry Level), Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!