Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Company: La Jolla Group
Posted on: December 3, 2019
The La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports
apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment
that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as
O'Neill, Spiritual Gangster, and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has
proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative
products, and a master of operational excellence.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym,
discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and
fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest
in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths.
La Jolla Group is seeking a dynamic and experienced Accounts
Receivable Supervisor to lead a diverse team in our credit and
collection efforts across multiple apparel brands within the action
sports/active lifestyle industries.
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is tasked with creatively
motivating and inspiring an A/R team of four or more, as well as
improving, maintaining, and reporting on all related A/R processes,
transactions and results. This person will oversee the credit
analysis and approval process per department policy, including
assessing credit worthiness of new and existing wholesale accounts
with an emphasis on maximizing company profitability and minimizing
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor and analyze A/R aging and prioritizes items for
department staff attention. Work directly with staff, across
departments, and with wholesale accounts to resolve any outstanding
- Review all new and existing account requests for extension of
payment terms and credit limits within specified approval
- Periodic but consistent financial/credit review and analysis of
high exposure accounts in order to reduce risk, with constant
attention to credit and industry opinions, trends and media reports
which may be informative. Must be able to effectively communicate
opinions and findings to management.
- Strengthen team skills through available training and
developmental programs. Manage project assignments and staffing for
- Build and maintain positive and professional working
relationships across internal departments and with external
- Manage relations with collection agencies and credit reporting
services. Actively participate in Reimer and SICA credit
- Assist in the evaluation and development of existing credit and
accounts receivable policies, procedures, and technology. Make
recommendations to the department director for improvement
opportunities and assist with implementation of any new
- Work with Director of A/R and Controller to identify best
practices and any control issues. Maintain/implement them in
- Prioritize department work load and coordinate month, quarter,
and year end close responsibilities with staff.
- Review daily cash receipts, credit/debit memo entries,
deductions and supporting documentation input into accounts
receivable ERP systems to ensure the accuracy and the integrity of
all GL entries.
- Monitor and evaluate customer aging and perform follow-up
review with department staff. Analyze AR aging for areas of
opportunity. Communicate findings with management and across
- Coordinate and support periodic internal and external audit
- Monitor all customer bankruptcies, initiate claim documentation
to file with the court and follows-up with the appropriate action
to minimize financial loss.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong leadership experience in all aspects of Credit,
Collections and Accounts Receivable.
- Ability to analyze and identify potential customer credit risk
factors and act appropriately.
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Experience with handling a high volume of customer deductions
and timely chargeback resolution in a retail/wholesale
- Knowledge of ecommerce technologies, order processing and
payment platforms, and account reconciliation.
- Experience in reviewing and monitoring customer vendor
- Basic knowledge of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)
- Create an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and
collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage, develop, and inspire people. Prioritize
expectations, teach, track results and manage
- Whole problem solver. Implements solutions to solve root cause
problems. Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written, oral and facilitation skills.
- Tactful communication in resolving issues and discrepancies;
Conveys information in understandable terms at all levels of the
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Full Circle ERP experience preferred.
Required Education and Experience
- Seven or more years progressive Credit and Accounts Receivable
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports.
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with
customers, vendors and employees.
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about company building.
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as
a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for
employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the
LJG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status,
marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the
basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic
information and any other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: La Jolla Group, Irvine , Accounts Receivable Supervisor, Other , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!