Contract Role: Corporate Legal Counsel
Posted on: September 16, 2018
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates. Requisition ID: 48730 Contract Position: The primary job responsibility is to provide transactional support for the Skyworks business, including structuring and negotiating commercial contracts with customers, suppliers and vendors. The successful candidate will also provide legal advice and counsel to internal clients at all levels on compliance and commercial matters, implement policies and procedures, assist on mergers and acquisitions, manage outside counsel and support the day-to-day initiatives and long-term strategies of Skyworks. Primary Responsibilities
- Advise on risks and liabilities of proposed commercial transactions and devise creative and practical legal solutions to meet business objectives
- Draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, including master purchase agreements, technology licenses, foundry and manufacturing contracts, distribution and sales agreements, corporate services contracts, and nondisclosure agreements
- Interface with various groups within Skyworks to understand key IP, commercial and finance requirements and ensure commercial contract terms comply with corporate directives, policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact commercial agreements
- Collaborate and partner effectively with the business, including providing advice and counsel to executives and other internal clients on issues related to commercial transactions
- Perform such other projects as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk Qualifications & Experience
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of transactional legal experience, including significant time spent in-house with a high tech company. In-house legal experience with a semiconductor company is preferred.
- High volume commercial transactions experience with a semiconductor or other technology company, including experience with licensing, purchase and sales agreements.
- An excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills experienced at drafting commercial contracts.
- Demonstrated capability in creating and negotiating complex legal transactions in addition to typical high-volume commercial contracts.
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature and calm under fire.
- Familiarity with compliance matters applicable to an international semiconductor company
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast paced environment, but be focused when needed on the matter at hand.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and with a team.
- Of the highest degree of personal and professional integrity and ethics. Education & Licenses
- JD from an accredited U.S. law school required
- Member of California State Bar in good standing, or eligible to practice in California as registered in-house counsel #LI-DNP
Skyworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Keywords: Skyworks, Irvine , Contract Role: Corporate Legal Counsel, Legal , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!