Company: Kia Motors America
Posted on: September 12, 2018
SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing legal counsel and guidance to all levels of the Company, including executive management. The attorney's primary areas of responsibilities are cybersecurity and privacy. Major Responsibility Cybersecurity: Manage and provide legal advice and services relating to cybersecurity and privacy obligations with a goal of mitigating risks associated with a cybersecurity or privacy breach. Respond to requests from third parties relating to management of cyber risks and cyber intrusions. Privacy: Manage and provide legal advice relating to privacy issues and privacy policies as they relate to sales, marketing and other areas of the Company, which includes data and cybersecurity issues. Supporting the Legal Department: Provide support as necessary to other functions of the Legal Department, such as contracts review/drafting, claims, litigation, compliance, and special projects. PERSONALLY PERFORMED DUTIES
- Develop and implement plans to operationalize data privacy and cybersecurity requirements, policies, processes and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide legal advice regarding telematics based services, including ancillary products.
- Provide strategic and practical advice to internal clients at all levels, including top level executives.
- Manage outside counsel in an effective and efficient manner, with a goal of reducing reliance on outside counsel.
- Occasional travel may be required domestically and/or internationally. JOB REQUIREMENTS Education:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) Degree from an ABA-accredited law school in the U.S.
- Calif. Bar admission required. (For out-of-state attorney, CA State Bar admission within 1st year of employment.) Overall Related Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant experience as an attorney working for a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- 5+ years of experience focused on data privacy and cybersecurity. SKILLS
- Extensive legal experience in a broad range of cybersecurity and privacy matters.
- Prior experience with cyber-incident response, and privacy program implementation.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and willingness to work on a broad variety & high volume of legal matters and tasks, ranging from simple to complex.
- Work well independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to build consensus with business clients in a calm, diplomatic and professional manner.
- A practical-minded business attorney, who has a "can do" attitude, is responsible, service-driven, enthusiastic, pro-active, and takes initiative and ownership of projects. PROBLEM SOLVING/DECISION MAKING
- Requires high level managerial skills and independent judgment/decision making skills.
- Ability to create solutions where a precedent may not exist.
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, demanding deadlines, and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple urgent projects concurrently and in a fast-paced environment. Kia Motors America offers an environment where we place a strong focus on our customer, embrace challenges and work collaboratively. If you're looking for this type of a dynamic company, then Kia Motors America should be in your consideration for employment opportunities. Based in one of the nation's most desirable communities in Southern California. Our outstanding benefits package includes 100% paid health insurance, 401(k) plan, plus much more. EOE M/F/D/V. For more information about Kia, please visit our website at or kiajobs.com.
Keywords: Kia Motors America, Irvine , Cybersecurity Attorney, Legal , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!