Company: Karma Automotive
Posted on: November 10, 2019
OverviewKarma Automotive creates expressive and beautiful luxury
cars that are environmentally conscious. We deliver them with
personal attention to customers in the global marketplace. Our
customers expect high levels of personalization and customization
and we intend to deliver on that promise.
Karma Automotive is looking for a passionate Software Architect to
develop software architectures for automotive Infotainment and
Connected Car systems and to lead the implementation of these
architectures throughout the domain. This is an outstanding
opportunity for highly motivated software engineers that thrive on
the creation of cutting-edge software. This is a fast-paced
start-up environment in a dynamic development
- Lead technical solutions from design through release including
code, test, peer review, and documentation.
- Create/develop software architectures for specific domains of
- Set and maintain high standards of software quality by
following industry best practices.
- Design, develop, and unit test mobile and embedded applications
in accordance with current state of the art best practices. We
expect our developers to produce high quality code. This includes
writing specs and unit tests, as well as contributing to testing
automation frameworks. At Karma we don't throw code "over the wall"
for others to test.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related
- Review and improve on existing systems, making use of new
technologies and methodologies.
- Mentor other engineers within the team
- Lead technologies across departmental lines as the
subject/technology expert. Be the leadership driver of the
- Collaborate with internal cross functional teams, end users,
and third-party contacts to design, develop, document and maintain
software deliverables for various projects
- Establish and maintain working relationships with technical,
testing and hardware team members across the technology
- Continuously find ways to improve our products, processes and
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent,
Master's Degree is preferred
- At least 20 years' in a software development role.
- Experience designing software architectures
- Extensive demonstrable experience developing technologies,
applications or systems
- Experience with QNX or similar RTOS platforms for embedded
- Experience with Agile development methods such as Kanban or
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, team
environment (design, back-end, hardware, QA, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices for
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015)
and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as
ADVANTAGE FOR CONSIDERATION
- Automotive industry development experience.
- Cloud services experience.
- Software security experience.
- Electronic hardware experience.
NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, Please
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
gender, color, race, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy,
national origin, age, religion, veteran status, genetic
information, citizenship status or any other group protected by
law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with
Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified
individuals with a disability. Valid driver's license may be
required based on essential duties.
Keywords: Karma Automotive, Irvine , Software Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!