Sr. Manager, Pharmaceutical Technology (Medical Devices)
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company
and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma.?Allergan is
focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded
pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative
medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class
products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical
aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health,
urology and anti-infective?therapeutic categories. With commercial
operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to
working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to
deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people
around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.?Allergan
is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition.
Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power
ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive
results for customers and patients. ?Power your future & join our
bold team.?Position Overview?Engineering management roll leads,
manages and coordinates projectsinvolving new product development,
commercial introduction and marketed product support. The role will
include product and process engineering design, manufacturing
processtransfers, production scale-up,validation, launch support
and on market technical support.?Main Areas of
Responsibilities?This position will:
- Coordinate and lead the activities and functions for new
product technology transfer to? commercial? manufacturing? sites?
providing? product? and? process? design? input, defining?
specifications? for equipment,? selecting? equipment? suppliers,?
and locking down final commercial manufacturing? process.
Coordinate and facilitate transfer of product manufacture to
- Oversee new product process validation at commercial
manufacturing sites and support launch of new products.
- Technical interface with contract manufacturers, vendors and
- Provide technical support to currently marketed products,
including technical interface with contract manufacturers,? vendors
- Support due diligence assessments of potential business
development opportunities. Requirements?The following listed
requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for
- A minimum of seven (7) years of engineering work experience,
preferably in a medical device development and manufacturing
environment, and hands-on or technical training in the field of
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug
Administration (FDA), and otherregulatory and safety compliance
requirements and guidelines.
- Design Control Process(ISO 13485 and FDA QSR 820).
- Device manufacturing processdesign/DFM and scale-upincluding
equipment, testing, assembly operations and support systems.
- Assembly processes and equipment/fixturing (semi-automation,
- Injection molding and plastics extrusion
- Process Validation (process and equipment) ??Preferred
Skills/Qualifications?The below skills are attributes that may not
be mandatory but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
- Strong projectmanagement and team leadership skills
- Implementing goals, objectives and practices for effective,
efficientand cost-effective management of allocatedresources.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and identifying problems,and
recommending and implementing methods, procedures and/or techniques
for resolution. Problem solving techniques.
- Experimental design.
- Statistical techniques.
- Quality by Design (QbD).
- Six Sigma/DMAIC process.
- Communicating clearlyand concisely, both orally and in
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships
with those contactedin the course of work.
- Performing all necessary engineering project functions
efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Handles a diverse workloadof assignments, coveringseveral
disciplines of engineering; maintains properpriority of
- Complies with all Companypolicies and procedures, including
safety rules and regulations.Education??
- A Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering, Science or other technical
discipline or equivalent degree.
Keywords: Allergan, Irvine , Sr. Manager, Pharmaceutical Technology (Medical Devices), IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!