Sr. QA Engineer
Posted on: April 17, 2019
OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Sr. QA Engineer - Mobile / SDET / IOS
Tyco is the world's largest dedicated fire protection and security
company. Our mission is to advance safety and security by finding
smarter ways to save lives improve businesses and protect where
people live and work. Our 69,000 employees in over 1,000 locations
around the world take a consultative approach to delivering
tailored, industry-specific solutions. Our global reach allows us
to anticipate changes across geographies and industries, and deploy
the right solutions rapidly. In the most challenging and demanding
environments, we help our customers achieve their safety, security
and business goals.
Our products and solutions help protect:
• 80% of the world's top 200 retailers
• More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
• 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
• International airports
• 100+ major stadiums around the world
• A majority of the Fortune 500
• 200+ hospitals around the world
• Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential
With a tradition of customized service and a passion for technology
and innovation, Tyco develops practical, integrated fire protection
and security solutions for increasingly complex environments.
Act as a Senior QA engineer in the development of automated
functional, integration, regression and performance testing of
mobile applications running on a multi-tenant cloud based
enterprise software solution. The Senior QA Engineer will
play an important role in automated functional, integration and
regression testing of mobile applications leveraging a new
cloud-based platform that will support several different market
verticals. The Senior QA Engineer will participate in
determining the technical direction for the functional,
integration, regression and performance testing of mobile
applications running on highly scalable multi-tenant cloud platform
technology components which include developing test framework to
perform scale/load testing of mobile applications, middleware,
database, web services, and associated cloud services.
• Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of
automated functional, integration, regression and performance
testing framework for mobile applications on Andorid and iOS
platforms, including, but not limited to development and/or
• Contributes to the development of test strategies, devices and
• Contributes to the development of new techniques, models and
plans within area of expertise.
• Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of
information filters, validates and interprets dynamic material.
• Applies developed project management techniques.
• Define the technical implementation of the system architecture
and business strategy for the cloud based platform.
• Participates in the development of automated functional,
integration, regression and performance testing features from
collaboration on requirements definition, feature design, coding,
testing, and deployment to Level 3 support.
• Reviews development of testing frameworks, coding standards,
conducts code reviews and walkthroughs, and conducts in-depth
• Interfaces with Product Management, Project Management, Software
Development, Firmware Development, and Quality Assurance to ensure
that a high quality product is delivered which meets or exceeds all
• Mentors, coaches junior QA engineers to ensure that each of their
deliverables and behaviors mirror software developmental
Desired Skills and Experience
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related engineering
• 5 years of experience in software testing and development.
• 3 years hands on experience in integration and performance
testing mobile applications leveraging cloud-based solutions or
highly scalable multi-tenant enterprise solutions.
Required Job Skills
• Must be proficient in analyzing complex issues and architectures
and reducing them to practice. Strong analytical skills are
• Must have excellent communication and team management skills to
effectively lead junior engineers and to collaborate with the
globally disperse development teams.
• Under general supervision; ability to exercise independent
judgment; must compare alternate courses of action and make a
decision after considering the options. Must be self
motivated and a "self-starter"
• Enterprise Operations / Architecture - Must have spent at least 3
years developing automated functional, integration and regression
tests for large-scale, enterprise-wide, complex information
technology initiatives, at both an infrastructure and an
• Cloud Architecture - Technical knowledge and load testing
experience using either JMeter, BlazeMeter, Blitz, Gatling,
LoadRunner, or loadUI. Experience using tools such as JUnit,
Cucumber, Mockito, Arquillian, Selenium, Jasmine, BusterJS,
SauceLabs, BrowserStack or Espresso. Familiarity with common cloud
architecture, enabling components, and deployment platforms (such
as JMS, Kafka, J2EE, Storm, Gearman, Infrastructure as a service,
Platform as a Service, Software as a Service).
• Cloud Platforms - Application functional, integration and
regression testing experience utilizing distributed processing
solutions such as Hadoop, distributed storage solutions such as
Cassandra, real-time and post analytics processing architectures,
application server platforms, clustered infrastructures, and
distributed queuing technologies such as JMS or Kafka.
Minimum of 2 years experience developing highly scalable
data-driven applications based on structured and unstructured data
• Software Development - Minimum of 3 years experience with
Enterprise Java (J2EE or Spring, Hibernate) or .NET architectures.
Minimum of 3 years experience with object oriented programming
languages (Java, C#, Objective-C). Any other relevant
languages (Groovy/Grails, Python, RoR) is a plus
• Web Services – Automated functional, integration and regression
testing of applications utilizing one or more of the following web
services technologies: JSON-RPC, JSON-WSP, Web Services Description
Language (WSDL), REST, RPC, or XML
• Performance Tuning - Minimum of 2 years experience with
performance and scalability tuning of high-volume
websites/applications Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
with Parallel and Grid Computing Technologies.
• Web based designs - Minimum 5 years experience automated
functional, integration and regression testing and troubleshooting
complex web-based N-tier enterprise applications that run in mixed
operating system environments.
Keywords: , Irvine , Sr. QA Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!