Staff Software Engineer - Python
Company: Cylance Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2019
WHO WE ARE
Cylance is one of the fastest growing companies in the history of cybersecurity. By successfully applying artificial intelligence and machine learning to crack the DNA of malware, Cylance has redefined the endpoint protection market, garnered acclaim from industry analysts and won numerous awards including "Best Emerging Vendor" from SC Magazine. If you have the passion and desire to disrupt industries, protect the world from cyberattacks, and be at the forefront of a revolutionary new technology, we want you to join us!
Cylance is seeking a Python Developer to design, implement, test and optimize with a high degree of autonomy and an emphasis on tangible results. You'll be joining our cloud platform team and working on a massively scalable data-processing system that produces highly accurate results at exceptionally rapid rates. You'll also research new technologies to improve existing systems and design new ones, writing a lot of highly scalable code, harvesting data from different databases, API's and other sources of information, as well as work with distributed systems. If you love Python like a dog loves a bone and coding infrastructure on Linux is a walk in the park, or in the cloud, we want you on our team! Do good. Make a difference.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop high scalable RESTful APIs
- Provide expertise on reliability and performance challenges that you've conquered in the past
- Thrive in a rapid development environment with an intense focus on quality
- Have an allergic reaction to the words \"defer\" and \"works on my machine\"
- Be a strong team player and work well within a diverse, cross-functional team
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- At least 5+ years of software development experience on a Unix-like system
- Mastery of Python for application and infrastructure development
- SDLC, source control, unit testing, agile development methodologies
- A passion for what you do
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
ABOVE AND BEYOND
- Experience with Python 3
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY
- Current resume
- Cover letter/summary expressing:
- Why you are interested in working at Cylance
- The skills, strengths and expertise you will contribute to our diverse team of extraordinary talent and humble hearts
BENEFITS AND PERKS
In addition to medical, dental, vision and 401(K) matching, we offer other great benefits and a slew of perks such as casual dress attire, plethora of employer-sponsored food and snack items, toll road/public transportation subsidy, gym membership discount, etc. We're proud to be certified as A Great Place to Work for 2017-2018!
Cylance Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Cylance Inc., Irvine , Staff Software Engineer - Python, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!