Technical Program Manager
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Overview:As a Technical Program Manager at Weedmaps, you will use your exceptional technical knowledge and project management skills to drive progress within your team's technical domain while aligning key stakeholders, keeping projects on-track, teams healthy, and stakeholders informed. Drawing on your project management and team leadership expertise, you'll collaborate with Engineering, Product, and Design to build and execute development plans that include milestones and deliverables but are flexible enough to allow room for risk and change. Your experience in servant leadership will help you mentor teams as you partner with fellow leaders to foster an open, transparent development environment.Responsibilities:
- Align highly autonomous teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of current customers.
- Regularly assess the team's maturity, health, and composition, relentlessly striving for cohesion and delivery excellence.
- Manage, plan, and track production and development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers.
- Continuously assess a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable delivery.
- Create transparency and predictability via feature mapping, roadmaps, sprint plans, burn-downs, cycle times, value stream maps and release reports.Qualifications:
- 2+ years in an acting Scrum Master role, or leading an Agile team
- 4+ years experience in leading software development teams
- Scrum Master or Agile Training
- Experience running teams in agile environments
- Trained in Scrum and/or Kanban, as well as other Agile methodologiesPluses:
- JIRA Portfolio experience
- JIRA administration experience
- Git experience
- Experience with Slack, Slack Integrations, PagerDuty, and other communication, reporting, and productivity tools--Our Benefits:
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast-paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match--Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.About Weedmaps:--Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.--So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Keywords: Weedmaps, Irvine , Technical Program Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!