Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Job DescriptionPriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary "spidering" technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 500 brands around the globe.PriceSpider is right across from the Irvine Spectrum with sweeping 10th floor views to inspire creativity. We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors, a game room and free meals and snacks. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus plan and stellar benefits. Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.Powering our industry leading services requires us to build highly scalable web services and applications. Our development teams are building the next generation of products which are consumed by some of the world’s top companies, many of which make up the Fortune 500 list.We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on our innovation team helping to lead and aggressively drive forward our future technology investments. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is always up on the latest web technology and open-source trends, is well versed in the full web-stack and browser nuances, and can fearlessly engage on any technical challenge. The candidate should be an expert coder in at least one language, but ideally can jump around many languages; and is capable of dialing between writing “quick-and-dirty” code and writing code that is robust/scalable/secure/maintainable as the situation demands.So if you’re someone who likes to constantly push the boundaries, then we would love to hear from you!Responsibilities
- Design, prototype, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence software product design
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverablesMinimum qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience developing high capacity online and web services
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, information architecture, functional programming, and object-oriented analysis and design
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Solid experience working with two or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development
- Eligibility to work in the US for any employer is requiredPreferred qualifications
- Experience with any of the following: Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, React/Redux, GraphQL, Webpack, Git, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Prior experience working with Google Cloud platform: BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Pub/Sub, etc.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and to efficiently balance multiple simultaneous projects with disparate timelines
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment with an emphasis on rapid iteration guided by group feedback
- Familiar with modern, agile project methodologies including SCRUM and KanBanPriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.Company DescriptionPriceSpider is a retail technology company that provides insights about consumer purchasing behavior. The company uses the PriceSpider technology to power their tools, Brand Monitoring, Where-to-Buy, Ratings & Reviews, MAP Monitoring, and Channel Reports, to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, why, how—and even when. PriceSpider’s insights and recommendations help manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues.
Keywords: PriceSpider, Irvine , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!