Software Engineer 3 - Aerospace
Posted on: November 10, 2018
A Software Engineer 3 job in Irvine, CA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for software development and verification of safety-critical real-time embedded software for commercial aircraft systems. Ideal candidate will have a strong, practical DO-178B verification background in safety-critical real-time embedded software for aircraft systems; will be technically proficient with low-level software (e.g. device drivers, board support packages, built-in test) and will be fully fluent in C and assembly; will have extensive experience writing software planning documents per certification authorities (e.g. customer DERs, FAA, EASA, TCCA) and compliance audits (e.g. SOI). To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor---s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and four to six years of related experience. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Software Engineer 3 Job duties:
- Develops complex conceptual and detailed design specifications by analyzing product performance and customer requirements. Performs diverse and complex product development, modification, and evaluation of safety-critical real-time embedded software by applying engineering principles and developing new or unique analysis tools as required.
- Applies scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure the outcome and consequence of design alternatives. Interprets and validates test results for accuracy and precision. Recommends product qualification procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards (e.g. failure analysis). May utilize and interpret predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts
- Provides technical information for review with product engineering teams using established engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods (e.g. structured design process; customer design reviews). Writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports; may write technical responses or proposals for customers.
- Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (e.g. create functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material requirements; research customer data item requirements). Maintain efforts within defined cost and schedule constraints including statusing and root cause/corrective actions of associated variances. May act as a Control Account Manager (CAM) for projects applying Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Reviews product specifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures. Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team.
- Maintains and further develops professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Assigned to mentor new employees. May represent the company on specific projects or engineering tasks. Qualifications:
- Bachelor---s degree (BS) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Master---s degree (MS) preferred. Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 4-6 years of related experience
- Has thorough knowledge of real-time embedded software at both high and low levels, strong familiarity with RTCA/DO-178 certification objectives, expert level fluency with ANSI/MISRA C and assembly, and aircraft systems software development.
- Proficient with engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design or modeling systems); ability to use standard software packages. May require capability using specialized software applications or languages.
- Ability to apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Ability to work with general objectives regarding projects and team goals; applies judgment in selecting procedures and techniques that should be applied. Works collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Responsive to inquiries from other engineering and business teams. If you are interested in this Software Engineer 3 job in Irvine, CA, please apply via the ---apply now--- link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services---from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Keywords: Belcan, Irvine , Software Engineer 3 - Aerospace, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!