Sr. Software Engineer - Aerospace
Posted on: November 10, 2018
A Senior Software Engineer job in Irvine, CA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for software development and verification of safety-critical real-time embedded software for commercial aircraft systems. Ideal candidate will have a strong, practical DO-178B verification background in safety-critical real-time embedded software for aircraft systems; will be technically proficient with low-level software (e.g. device drivers, board support packages, built-in test) and will be fully fluent in C and assembly; will have extensive experience writing software planning documents per certification authorities (e.g. customer DERs, FAA, EASA, TCCA) and compliance audits (e.g. SOI). To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor---s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and seven to nine years of related experience. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Senior Software Engineer Job duties:
- Develops complex conceptual and detailed design specifications by analyzing product performance and customer requirements. Performs diverse and complex product development, modification, and evaluation of safety-critical real-time embedded software by applying engineering principles and developing new or unique analysis tools as required.
- Applies scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure the outcome and consequence of design alternatives. Interprets and validates test results for accuracy and precision. Oversees and monitors product acceptance procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards (e.g. failure analysis). Utilizes and interprets predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts.
- Completes technical project elements (e.g. preparation of product or system layout; defining system architecture; creating software development plans; etc.) as assigned. Develops critical data and analysis necessary to present technical product and/or system proposals to customers.
- Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (e.g. create functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material requirements; research customer data item requirements). Maintain efforts within defined cost and schedule constraints, including statusing and root cause/corrective actions of associated variances. May act as Control Account Manager for projects applying Earned Value Management.
- Reviews product specifications and/or modifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures. Troubleshoots design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team.
- Provides technical information for review with product engineering teams applying consistent engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods (e.g. structured design process; customer design reviews). Writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports.
- Conducts complex analysis and devises tests to validate performance in the development of new products, methods, materials or processes. Completes required documentation, generates detailed reports, creates customer proposals and presentations and/or change proposals. Determines required actions, performs or directs completion of tasks, and publishes findings and/or results.
- Compiles and analyzes operation, test, and research data, develop acceptance, engineering evaluation, development and qualification/certification test plans, procedures, and reports.
- May communicate with customers to identify new business opportunities, present Parker product capabilities, and clarify customers--- technical requirements. May write technical proposals for customers by reviewing and interpreting specifications and requirements.
- Mentors or serves as a resource to share specialized knowledge with others. Establishes goals and objectives and tracks performance required to complete projects.
- Updates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations. Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Master---s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 7-9 years of related experience.
- Comprehensive advanced knowledge of real-time embedded software at both high and low levels, strong familiarity with RTCA/DO-178 certification objectives, expert level fluency with ANSI/MISRA C and assembly, and aircraft systems software development.
- Proficient with engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design or modeling systems); ability to use standard software packages. May require capability using specialized software applications or languages.
- Ability to establish individual objectives to complete projects and provide status to the team at project milestones. Ability to effectively influence the overall team and functional objectives.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or marketing/sales teams.
- Proficient with standard project management tools and practices.
- Ability to apply Earned Value Management (EVM) principles to manage scope, schedule and cost objectives. If you are interested in this Senior Software Engineer job in Irvine, CA, please apply via the ---apply now--- link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services---from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Keywords: Belcan, Irvine , Sr. Software Engineer - Aerospace, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!