Posted on: October 8, 2018
This position requires the ability to independently project manage the design and implementation of customers applications from assigned orders. Responsible for successful implementation of new customer and existing customer services as the single point of contact, from Sales Contract execution to deployment of requested services. Duties include but are not limited to order package verification, services configuration, coordination of order movement within internal order management systems, Customer and/or Vendor communications, coordination of internal cross functional departments associated with order processing lead any escalations as needed and schedule all required parties for a proper services deployment. Requested services can consist of any combination of Voice, Data, Internet and VoIP. The position requires strong personal time management skills and ability to multitask in a constantly changing environment with multiple priorities.
Works under the supervision of the appropriate market Service Delivery Manager
No Direct Reports
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review AESOP order package and all required documentation from Sales for completeness and accuracy, utilizing an AESOP Order Checklist to confirm all required documentation and applicable information is available. Follow up with Sales regarding missing and/or questionable items before proceeding.
- Initiate and maintain regular communications with customer and vendor to review and verify order package, review required information to provide services requested, schedule service installation and communicate milestone dates with Customer and/or Vendor.
- Request site survey where necessary and applicable with department tasked with providing the function based on service access type, and interview results with customer and vendor. Review any obstacles with Customer and/or Vendor that need to be rectified before installation can proceed.
- Perform services application/configuration design work for customer requirement, including but not limited to a Line Configuration Sheet.
- Update AESOP with order package, miscellaneous document information and application/configuration design, utilizing an AESOP QA Checklist to confirm all required documentation and applicable information is available.
- Coordination of internal cross functional departments such as, Provisioning, Transport, Field Operations, Internet Operations, etc.
- Notify Customer and/or Vendor of installation milestones and specifically firm order commitment (FOC) dates, as they become available.
- Verify 48 hours prior to services installation that all objectives have been met and all internal and external parties are ready to proceed with installation.
- Confirm services requested are installed, operational and correctly working. Confirm all billing activities are completed. Close Order in Arbor and change Order from Pending to Active status.
- Perform first bill review with customer
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS degree desired.
- Minimum of two (2) years service delivery project management experience required.
- Minimum of five (5) years voice, data and/or internet industry experience required.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience, with additional experience substituting for the required college level training or a year for year basis.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer, keyboard and mouse utilization, including various software applications, internal order database management systems, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Fundamental working understanding of voice, data and internet customer application requirements.
- Good analytical and problem solving ability for issue resolution.
- Must be comfortable working in an accountable environment.
- Highly organized, must be able to handle multiple tasks with speed and accuracy.
- Must be capable of prioritizing activities and scheduling to obtain effective results.
- Excellent customer and vendor relationship management skills.
- Will/must work independently.
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to take ownership from introduction to installation.
- Will/must manage flexible hours per customer needs and related project milestones.
- Must possess strong time management skills
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, telephone, printer, fax and copier.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is that of a cubical environment with medium noise level.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Keywords: , Irvine , Project Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!