Red Hat Linux Administrator
Posted on: September 10, 2018
The Opportunity: We are seeking a full time Red Hat Linux Administrator for our corporate office in Irvine, California.
- Role: Red Hat Linux Administrator
- Experience: 3-5 Years
- Work Location: Irvine, CA
- Contract Duration: Full Time Position Overview Technologent provides Managed Services for strategic, Fortune 100 clients. The RedHat Linux administrator will be familiar with operating in a Managed Services environment, including standard Incident, Change and Problem management processes in the context of the Technologent Service Desk servicing the Client's Service Desk. Typical tasks include installing, configuring, and maintaining RedHat Linux operating systems, delivering exceptional client service and building strong relationships and trust with key players on the client side.Typical responsibilities include analyzing and resolving problems associated with the operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software. The Administrator will also proactively monitor systems performance and ensure compliance with security standards. Responsibilities and Skillsets
- Tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure and compliance with contractual SLAs.
- Design, develop and mature infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools.
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
- Develop, test and deploy automation frameworks in collaboration with the Technologent and Client teams.
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure.
- Understand client processes, procedures and security frameworks, and execute per their process requirements. Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years' experience with RedHat in an enterprise environment. RedHat Certification preferred but not required.
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments and technologies (e.g., VMWare).
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages.
- Strong skillset with configuration management tools, such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, security practices, etc.
- Proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, etc.
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers.
- Experience with effective release management techniques, and agile methodologies.Technologent is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. Technologent is a Global Provider of Edge-to-Edge--- Information Technology Solutions and Services for Fortune 1000 and SMB companies. We offer a unique blend of business practices that are aligned to solve for top CIO concerns. Our core competencies focus on data center infrastructure, business continuity, data protection, service automation and orchestration, continuous intelligence, monitoring, connectivity, collaboration and cybersecurity. These practices are supported by our professional services, digital transformation services and financial services offerings. By providing custom solutions and services designed to fit your business needs, we enable your organization to be more agile, responsive and competitive. Technologent empowers your company to ascend to the next level in IT.Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Technologent has offices throughout the US and proudly serves clients around the world. When partnering with Technologent, organizations benefit from the highest caliber of professionals, committed to delivering exceptional business outcomes backed by unmatched service and support. - provided by Dice Red Hat, Linux, VMWare, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Load Balancing, Firewalls, Security, iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy
Keywords: Technologent, Irvine , Red Hat Linux Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!