Lead Full-Stack Software Engineer
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Viant's culture is a unique combination of strong leadership,
ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth
opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work
environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement,
recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from
the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the
rapidly changing ad tech marketplace. Our Engineering team works on
the development of the Viant platform in an agile environment. You
would have the opportunity to work on the design and implementation
of big data systems, working with petabytes of data and real-time
map reduce to match against billions of transactions in real-time.
Our platform uses advanced machine learning techniques and the
newest big data processing technologies, and is deployed in a
distributed, multi-region, cloud-based
- Designing, developing, testing, debugging and deploying
applications and reports using various technologies in a hybrid
cloud environment in AWS and GCE.
- Writing SQL queries.
- Need to be able to easily switch between client-side and
- Solving complex performance problems, architectural challenges
and production issues.
- Working with product owners, fellow engineers and operations
- Following organization processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties as needed.Qualifications:
- Minimum B.S in computer science, mathematics or related
- 10+ years experience in computer science.
- Experience with any one of OOP related languages like Java or
- Experience with client-side technologies / frameworks like
- Experience with web services or RESTful services or
- Experience with databases like MySQL or SQL Server or Oracle or
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication
- Ability to learn newer technologies.
- Must be a team player.
- Good sense of humor.Desired Technical Skills:
- Exposure or understanding to GoLang.
- Exposure to cloud-based technologies like GCE, AWS.
- Exposure to container-based technologies like Docker,
- Exposure or understanding of NoSQL technologies.
- Exposure or understanding of caching technologies like EHCache,
- Exposure or understanding of queuing / pub-sub technologies
like Amazon SNS/SQS, Kafka, etc.
- Exposure to project management software like JIRA, Asana,
- Exposure or understanding of mobile application development
using Xamarin or React Native.
- Exposure or understanding of Content Delivery Network like AWS
CloudFront, Akamai, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of cloud storage like S3, GCS,
- Exposure or understanding of APM technologies like AppDynamics,
New Relic, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of monitoring technologies like
Sensu, Nagios, Cacti, etc.Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer "Work from Anywhere" Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts - e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans,
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building
- Base compensation range: $154,100 - $205,500
- In accordance with California law, the range provided is
Viant's reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role.
Final title and compensation for the position will be based on
several factors including work experience and education.About
ViantViant -(NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company
that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad
campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant's self-service
Demand Side Platform, Adelphic -,powersprogrammatic advertising
across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and
digital out-of-home channels. In 2022, Viantwas recognized as a,
earned Great Place to Work -and Co-Founders Tim and
ChrisVanderhookwere named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year.To learn
more, please visit.Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities
to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on
merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in
employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color;
religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice,
religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual
orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender
status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including
breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship;
military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental
disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or
history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected
basis or characteristics.By clicking "Apply for this Job" and
providing any information, I accept the
Keywords: Medium, Irvine , Lead Full-Stack Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!