Software Manager and Architect
Company: Adsys Controls Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Join the Adsys Controls team where you can work with the best,
accelerate your career, address complex challenges and grow
professionally and personally.At Adsys Controls, you will provide
solutions for precision control systems, advanced optical
perception systems, high energy lasers, and unmanned aerial systems
for government and commercial markets.Position Info:Title:Software
Manager and ArchitectType of Job:Full-Time, ExemptWork
Location:Irvine, CAExperience Level: 10+ years total
experienceClearance Type:US Citizenship Required. Ability to obtain
a security clearance required.Job ResponsibilitiesWe are searching
for a Software Manager and Architect to drive the software
development vision of Adsys Controls. In this role, you will
provide technical leadership in software architecture definition
and development. You will support the software development for our
major product lines: high-energy lasers, complex multi-spectral
imaging sensors and autonomous/robotic systems. You will oversee
the software team, defining tasking, ensuring schedule compliance,
conducting performance reviews, etc. You should be comfortable
working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams on multiple
concurrent, cross-functional projects. You should be comfortable
operating in a fast paced and highly technical environment. You
must be a high energy, self-starter, with strong desire to bring
success to assigned projects and other opportunities necessary to
realize company growth.Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership in the software architecture of
our major product lines: high-energy lasers, complex multi-spectral
imaging sensors and autonomous/robotic systems.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the actions of the development
team. Defining tasking. Ensuring schedule compliance. Conducting
software performance reviews, etc.
- Manage the development lifecycle of software products
- Research new technologies to strengthen the organization
- Implement principles of software systems engineering including
requirements generation, flowdown, and validation. Define all
aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional
and non-functional requirements for new software or
- Oversee the development of high-level product specifications
with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security,
modifiability, extensibility etc. Approve final product before
- Oversee the development of software design documentation for
prototypes and production products.
- Conduct risk assessments of software processes and tasks.
- Support proposal efforts for new programs developing the
technical, business and cost approaches.
- Assist with technical mentorship, performance assessment, goal
setting, and related developmental activities.
- Develop and maintain software technical competencies roadmap.
Develop plans fill the gaps identified through training or
- Assist with the hiring and training new team
members.Requirements and Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace
Engineering, or related STEM field from an accredited university
with a minimum of 10 years' experience leading software development
and production programs. MS in computer science is a plus.
- Proven experience as software architect
- Experience in software development platforms and coding in
several languages, most specifically embedded real-time s/w design,
Linux; Android, VxWorks, VHDL, image/graphics processing
environments and Python
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of industry best practices in software
development and management
- Experience with Agile Development
- Experience with advanced electro-optical systems or imaging
systems is a plus.
- Experience in proposal processes and development.
- Experience on DoD programs and related processes and
- Proficiency in working both autonomously and within a team
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.What you can
expect:Leading-edge Innovation:From photons to final products and
effects, you will work to solve the most complex challenges for our
tech industry customers and internally developed products.Building
Foundational Values:As a startup undergoing rapid growth, we want
you to participate in shaping our culture and creating a fast-paced
environment based on tight knit teams. You will be an integral part
of building our culture of integrity, teamwork and
excellence.Cross-functional Development with Meaningful Work:Our
small team format and diverse programs provide the opportunity to
wear many hats. You will develop a comprehensive set of skills and
help build our teams for the future.Your Wellbeing is a Top
Priority:Our competitive pay, flexible schedules, and comprehensive
benefits enable you to truly live both inside and outside of work.A
Place To Be Your Best:You will be exposed to new and challenging
cross-functional areas in a unique way. You will operate from the
system level down to the component level to deliver functional
systems to the warfighter and advance commercial autonomous
systems.Advanced Technologies with Purpose: Whether it be high
energy lasers, autonomous systems or advanced visual perception
solutions, you will directly impact the safety and security of our
nation. Not only are we aiding the American warfighter, but we are
focused on transitioning our technologies to commercial products
for a better world.Commitment to Exploration:We foster innovation,
growth and leadership to fuel human curiosity and go beyond today's
horizons. You will be contributing to America's world status
through innovative technologies and future solutions. Join us in
the journey.What it takes to be a successful Adsys Controls
- InteractiveAt Adsys Controls we love hard problems. We engage
in respectful debate and develop great solutions from these
- Team orientedAt Adsys Controls, we are a small but mighty team.
Every member contributes, learns, and grows together. Your
contribution is critical to the success of our team.
- Self-motivatedAt Adsys Controls, our team members take
initiative, anticipate problems and drive solutions. Staff are
encouraged to take ownership, deliver work of the highest quality,
and drive communication with peers and management.
- InquisitiveAt Adsys Controls, we are a research and
development, prototyping and product development organization and
we love to drive new ideas. We explore new solutions to customer
problems and synthesize effective solutions.
- Dogged Problem SolverAt Adsys Controls we love to be challenged
and we persevere to see our innovations through to completion. For
the Adsys Controls team, the best problems start with "Nobody knows
how to do that". At Adsys Controls we provide solutions to the
- Systems OrientedAt Adsys Controls, we start with the objective
and build the system to overcome our customer's toughest
obstacle.At Adsys Controls, we want our customers to say "Wow!" We
want to break new ground and exceed expectations for our customer.
- HEALTHCAREBroad selection of Medical, Dental and Vision
plansOur 401(k) plan features 3% company contributions without
- PERFORMANCE BASED BONUS SYSTEMProvide incentive to our staff
with generous allocations for staff performance bonuses.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENTWe support our employees through
mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking,
skills enhancement, career-building programs and advanced degrees.
- MATERNITY LEAVEFamily leave provided in accordance with the
family medical leave act. When you return to work, we do our best
to support your transition and work/life balance.
- PAID TIME OFFWe offer PTO, paid holidays and personal days and
- FLEX-TIMEWe offer flexible work schedules.Company InfoCompany
Profile:We provide products and services for electro-optical
systems, directed energy, unmanned aerial systems, and test systems
within military and commercial markets. We deliver solutions
leveraging precision control systems, image processing, GN&C,
electronics design, modeling & simulation and embedded real time
software. From High Energy Laser weapons, to visual perception
modules, to threat warning systems to aircraft autopilots, Adsys
Controls provides state of the art solutions for sensing, controls
and autonomy.With employee health and safety as our top priority,
and as a federal contractor, Adsys Controls is taking action to
address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose
in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national
Adsys Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Adsys Controls Inc., Irvine , Software Manager and Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!