Embedded Software Engineer
Company: Iron City Search, Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
This is a small-mid-size company. Strong client base and room
for growth. Full-time or contract -2-hire. Competitive salary and
Title: Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Clearance Type: ability to gain a security clearance required.Job
ResponsibilitiesEmbedded Software Engineer with 1-5 years of
experience to design and program real-time embedded systems in
C/C++ for machine vision and control applications. You must be
highly self-motivated and have a fundamental understanding of
real-time embedded systems that include microcontroller and
embedded systems software development tools and methodologies.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems
from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Review code and design
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
- Interface with hardware design and development team
- Assess third party and open-source software
- Support technical development of proposals and follow-on
- B.S. or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering,
Computer Science or relevant major (MS Preferred)
- 1-5 yrs real-time & embedded software engineering
- Ability to identify and analyze problems in a systematic and
timely manner, drawing correct and realistic conclusions based on
data and information, and accurately assessing the root cause
before moving to a solution
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic hardware, real-time
computing platforms including single board computers and
microcontrollers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Extensive experience programming in C and C++
- Familiarity with scripting languages for data processing and
test automation (e.g. Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash).
- Experience developing on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Knowledge of network protocols and experience with socket
- Knowledge of common communication protocols such as, CAN,
RS-232, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
- Basic understanding of Matlab and/or Python for data reduction
- Experience using version control systems such as Subversion or
What you can expect:
Leading-edge Innovation: From photons to final products and
effects, you will work to solve the most complex challenges for our
tech industry customers and internally developed products.Building
Foundational Values: As a startup undergoing rapid growth, we want
you to participate in shaping our culture and creating a fast-paced
environment based on tight knit teams. You will be an integral part
of building our culture of integrity, teamwork and excellence.
Cross-functional Development with Meaningful Work: Our small team
format and diverse programs provide the opportunity to wear many
hats. You will develop a comprehensive set of skills and help build
our teams for the future.A Place To Be Your Best: You will be
exposed to new and challenging cross-functional areas in a unique
way. You will operate from the system level down to the component
level to deliver functional systems to the warfighter and advance
commercial autonomous systems.
Keywords: Iron City Search, Inc., Irvine , Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!