Remote Software Architect
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Company Descriptioninsightsoftware is a growing, dynamic
computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater
levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our
world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you
will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that
will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future
insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a
growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to
join our growing team!OverviewJob DescriptionWe're looking for a
creative, talented Software Architect to join our fast-growing
Software Engineering group. Working with Agile development teams,
you will be responsible for architecting, designing, and developing
our class-leading suite of Financial Software Products servicing
the office of the CFO. The Software Architect collaborates with
Product Management to shape conceptual ideas into effective product
features, making architecture & design decisions and implementing
for optimized speed and scalability.The Software Architect will
work cross-functionally across our software engineering teams to
implement cohesive, scalable, and maintainable capabilities for our
products. The ideal candidate loves solving technical problems as
simply as possible, is passionate about fostering an environment of
innovation that delivers, and prefers to explain things to
engineers with code patterns rather than pictures. In addition,
experience with business analytics and data warehousing is
essential for success in this role.We enjoy our work as much as we
enjoy working together and want Engineers who can get things done
while positively influencing our workplace environment. The
successful candidate must have a passion for software development,
deeply care about code quality, and be committed to
- Work with and lead the product development teams across
multiple product lines to select appropriate technologies and
develop architectural patterns for product capabilities.
- Dive deep to understand areas of technical debt and develop
plans to relieve it. Frequently get your hands into the code to
help design, implement, and troubleshoot in critical areas.
- Develop clean, elegant, and reusable designs that are easy to
maintain and extend.
- Ensure that the architectural integrity of the source code is
maintained and improved.
- Conduct efficient code reviews and enforce team coding
- Provide technical mentoring to less-experienced engineers.
- Assist product owners in backlog grooming, story breakdown, and
- Creates proof of concepts for new ideas that answer key
questions of feasibility, desirability, and viability.Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Discipline and Perseverance - Focus and commitment to solving
complex issues through to completion.
- Flexibility and Hard Work - Operate in a fast-paced, iterative
development environment; learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Problem Solving - Strong critical thinking and problem-solving
- Quality - Dedicated to producing high-quality software and
implementing development best practices.
- Team Work - Communicate effectively and operate in a team
- Effective Communicator - Strong written and oral communication
- Excellent time management skills - a proven ability to utilize
your sense of urgency to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Self-Improvement - actively self-improves through individual
learning, coursework, or otherwise. Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related
- 5+ years of experience developing software in a Senior
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Architect.
- Deep experience .NET platform; Java/J2EE experience is
- Experience with ODBC API and SQL.
- Exposure to various web technologies such as gRPC, SOAP, REST,
- Experience in SCRUM or other agile development processes.
- Experience with APM and log aggregation tools - New Relic,
DataDog, App Dynamics, Splunk, ELK stack.
- DevOps mindset with proven ability to architect and optimize an
agile CI/CD pipeline, including continuous testing.
- Strong experience with modern application development workflows
and version control systems like GitHub, Gitlab, or Bitbucket.
- Desktop development experience is advantageous.Additional
InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according
to EEO guidelines.Raleigh-based candidate preferred but remote
candidates in Eastern and Central Time zones will also be
considered.** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer
sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the
stated work location. **insightsoftware About Us: Hear From Our
Team - InsightSoftware (wistia.com)
Keywords: insightsoftware, Irvine , Remote Software Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!