BI Developer, Revenue Cycle PSJH *Telecommute*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Rev Cycle BI Developer PSJH - Business Intelligence
at Revenue Cycle Business Services - Remote The Rev Cycle BI
Developer supports the organization and its strategic affiliates in
the development of meaningful reporting and analytic visualization
solutions. This position will oversee the gathering of business
needs and requirements documentation, provide guidance in
identifying appropriate data sources, develop and update reporting
objects, provide analysis, and deliver visualization solutions that
business leaders can use to drive value. This position is also
responsible for interpreting Revenue Cycle developed reporting and
analytical solutions to help customers in gaining insight about
their areas of accountability and in making strategic decisions.
- Analyze and develop reports to support revenue cycle
initiatives, including financial evaluation of strategic
initiatives and ongoing monitoring of progress.
- Identify and make recommendations for improving existing
processes and follows through as appropriate.
- Effectively develop and present recommendations to
- Collect and maintain the set of business reporting
- Implement BI reports based on the above requirements.
- Analyze existing reports and optimize them for standardization
across the company.
- Set up and maintain BI tools, infrastructure, and integration
with company data sources.
- Propose data schema and data flow optimization for reporting
performance and enhancement as needed.
- Can anticipate Revenue Cycle needs and articulate this to
appropriate teams, technical resources or vendors as
- Participate in highly complex technical decision-making
- Understands customer business processes and available data and
automation solutions. May audit team members work.
- Monitors ad hoc reporting request queues and responds to /
fulfills requests within pre-determined service timeframes.
- Select among authorized procedures and seek assistance when
guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or
when unanticipated problems arise.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a centralized
reporting database and corresponding data repository.
- Complete benchmarking and other research for revenue cycle
- Able to work without direct supervision based on general
direction provided by a superior, is able to give guidance to
peers, and makes recommendations to supervisors on best path
- Provides regular updates to supervisor on pending tasks, pain
points, and potential roadblocks.
- Create and maintain all necessary documentation and training
materials for application and report implementations and changes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, healthcare administration - OR -
Required Three (3) years or more years of financial analytics
experience in a healthcare environment OR,
- Three (3) years Data Analysis, Development, or IT experience,
with demonstrated problem solving skills -OR,
- Three (3) years experience using Data and Reporting tools such
as PowerBI and/or Tableau -OR,
- Three (3) years experience Creating dashboards and interactive
visual reports using Power BI and/or Tabeleau -OR,
- Three (3) years experience using SQL -OR,
- Three (3) years Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) with
clear objectives and consistently monitor those -OR,
- Three (3) years Analyzing data and present data through reports
that aid decision-making -OR,
- Three (3) years Convert business requirements into technical
specifications and decide timeline to accomplish -OR,
- Three (3) years Create relationships between data and develop
tabular and other multidimensional data models -OR,
- Three (3) years Chart creation and data documentation
explaining algorithms, parameters, models, and relations.
- 2 years Financial analytics experience in a healthcare
- 2 years Data Analysis, Development, or IT experience, with
demonstrated problem solving skills.
- 2 years Using Data and Reporting tools such as PowerBI and/or
- 2 years Creating dashboards and interactive visual reports
using Power BI and/or Tabeleau
- 2 years Using SQL
- 2 years Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) with clear
objectives and consistently monitor those
- 2 years Analyzing data and present data through reports that
- 2 years Convert business requirements into technical
specifications and decide timeline to accomplish
- 2 years Create relationships between data and develop tabular
and other multidimensional data models
- 2 years Chart creation and data documentation explaining
algorithms, parameters, models, and relations Preferred
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Power BI scripts and perform
- Perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI
- Worked on Epic Clarity data
- Experience with multiple Rev Cycle Applications, especially
Hospital Information Systems, Ambulatory Practice Mgmt Systems,
and/or Health Care EDI applications Our best-in-class benefits are
uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well,
growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take
care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring
for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
About the department you will serve. One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the
name adopted to reflect the Providence employees who work
throughout Providence Health & Services (PH&S) in revenue cycle
systems and structures in support of our ministries and operations
in all regions from Alaska to California. ORC's objective is to
ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is
delivered along with the enhanced overall patient care experience
(know me, care for me, ease my way) by providing a robust
foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the
sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue
cycle expertise. We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits -
see our website for details -
Providence At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know
me, care for me, ease my way." Working at our family of
organizations means that regardless of your role, we'll walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
P365907 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category: Analytics/Business
Intelligence Job Function: Information Technology Schedule: Full
time Shift: Day Career Track: Business Professional Department:
4001 SS RC RPTNG ANALYTICS Address: CA Irvine 3345 Michelson Dr
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender,
disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Irvine , BI Developer, Revenue Cycle PSJH *Telecommute*, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!