System Administrator I
Company: Smile Brands
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Smile Brands, a three-time Glassdoor Best Place to Work, is
seeking a System Administrator II to join our team in Irvine, CA.
This role is vital to providing a reliable infrastructure for a
hybrid on-prem and cloud infrastructure environment.
This position will perform routine tasks to maintain the overall
performance and availability of the Organization's environment and
applications; is accountable for annual server maintenance; and
implements infrastructure systems and components in support of
business and IT applications such as hardware, servers, software
(such as operating systems, packaged software, configuration files,
security certificates, database system etc.), and appliances.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for Help Desk and members of
- Review and remove system authorization as indicated by the
weekly Employee Security Audit Report
- Perform basic server configuration and maintenance
- Monitor, diagnose and resolve server operating system
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Mitigate any identified security vulnerabilities
- Assist with system operation, application design, optimization
- Maintaining internal documentation through Wiki.
- Perform user account administration, password, and access
- Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as
requested, and produce presentations and recommendations.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and
resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk
partitions as required
- Lead actions with peer systems administrators, network
administrators and security teams.
- Install, harden, and patch Windows/Linux operating
- Develop, design, test, and document improvement solutions and
processes (such as scripting, automation, and workflow) aimed to
improve system's efficiency, reliability, scalability, and cost
- Assist with the development, implementation, and administration
of server patching strategy and plan and undertake regular
maintenance work across all IT systems and maintain Disaster
Recovery systems/environment & assist with routine DR planning and
- Assist with IT infrastructure lifecycle management, planning
capacity procurement, and vendor management.
- Performs systems administration functions for enterprise-level
servers and mid-range platforms;
- Performs backup and recovery of enterprise data using
specialized software tools and server configurations.Job
Requirements:QualificationsTo perform the job successfully, an
individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Windows 7/10 administration experience; Windows Server
2012/2016 experience; Group Policies (GPOs) experience; Active
Directory management experience.
- Strong Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management,
Exchange, MS SQL, and package deployment software.
- Strong knowledge on networking and security technologies
including DHCP, DNS, AD, GPO, VPNs, Firewalls, security
- Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities;
experience hardening Windows and Linux systems
- Proficiency with Virtualizations technologies, VMware and ESXi
(6.x or higher) configuration and management experience.
- CentOS and Ubuntu configuration management experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in IS related field.
- Familiarity with CentOS and Ubuntu Linux distributions
- Configuration Management and orchestration tool such as
- Experience with High Availability systems
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Experience with medium- to large-scale Linux production
environments (CentOS and Ubuntu)
- Experience configuring enterprise monitoring (Nagios, PRTG,
checkMK)Education and/or Experience
- 5+ Years' experience with Linux administrator
- 5+ Years' experience with Windows administration
- 5+ Years' experience with Backup technologies and Imaging
- Bachelor's degree in technology or related field desired
- Microsoft Systems Engineer (MCSE/ MCSA), VMWare (VCP/VCDX),
and/or ITIL Foundation certifications.
- Strong scripting language skills including PowerShell.
What We'll Offer You
- Unparalleled support to grow your career
- A culture that celebrates success and diversity
- Benefits and perks for you, your family and even your
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and paid time off for full-time
Smile Brands Inc. and all relevant Affiliates are Equal Opportunity
Employers. We are proud to celebrate diversity and provide an
inclusive workplace for all employees.
DISCLAIMER: Please be aware of suspicious recruiting emails and
text messages scams that attempt to collect your personal
information. You will never be asked for your driver license or
Social Security number during an online interview. Additionally, we
do not attempt to collect money, gift cards or request you to
purchase equipment on behalf of the company.
Keywords: Smile Brands, Irvine , System Administrator I, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!