Lead Software Engineer - Remote
Posted on: November 22, 2021
YAA is a membership platform for empowered car buying and
ownership. We are an advocate for the consumer in their auto
journey. The vehicle purchase and ownership experience is broken,
and anyone who has tried to buy a car, or get a repair has
experienced it. YAA is here to make sure that doesn't happen
We provide a combination of resources, education, community, and
expert support to help our members save time and money for all
things related to their auto. This is a massive market with nearly
300 million vehicles registered in the United States, and thus a
chance to make a major impact in a segment that desperately needs
Recently, we raised over $4.2m in Seed funding from well known
venture capital firms to invest in fulfilling our mission. We are
looking for team members who are interested in making a positive
impact on society in a fast-growth, entrepreneurial setting.
We are driven by a core set of principles and strive to incorporate
them into everything we do. We have an unwavering commitment to
help our members and we never take any compensation from car
dealerships or automotive manufacturers. We are solely the
consumers' advocate. We take pride in creating a diverse,
inclusive, and equitable company culture, where our open and honest
approach to work fosters innovation and encourages employees to
achieve professional and personal growth. We are entrepreneurial
and scrappy. We don't mind getting our hands dirty. We are entirely
committed to scaling YAA from tens of thousands to millions of
members over the next few years.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate lead full stack
software engineer who has an insatiable aspiration to architect,
design, and implement software applications on AWS cloud that make
an impact on our customer's lives and grow with the company. Our
ambitious roadmap needs your superpowers to build our back-end
services in Python/Node.js and front-end UI in React. In this role,
you will be reporting to the Head of Engineering to deliver awesome
experiences for our customers with engineering excellence.
- Love for engineering excellence. You get excited by building
scalable, performant, and cost-efficient software.
- Continuous Learner and Energized by Innovation. You enjoy
learning technology and architecture advancements in cloud, react,
and microservices and innovate with impact.
- No Problem is Unsolvable. The thought of diving into challenges
and solving tough technology, customer, and business problems
- Customer Focus. You want to be part of the company with drive
to make a huge impact to improve our customer's lives.
- Execution Excellence. You enjoy simplicity in design and
implementation to solve complex problems that makes you feel
- Strong Technical Skills. You are adept at developing on AWS
cloud with serverless technologies and React.
- Passion for Automation. You love and think about automation
from the early stages in SDLC
- Grow with Company. You want to be part of an environment that
recognizes and rewards your performance and continuously supports
- Lead Architecture, design, and development of scalable, secure,
and performant software on AWS.
- Automate CI/CD pipelines for efficient and secure
- Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to deliver
awesome experiences for our customers.
- Automate all unit tests and integration tests.
- Design and develop customer facing UI in React using the best
- Design and develop REST services that are built with well
- Apply clean architecture, maintainable software and consistent
- Continuously learn on emerging technologies, trends, and best
practices to strengthen YAA's technology platform and development
- Eliminate friction for customers and the business by delivering
high quality software.
- Own the engineering and business outcomes to meet timelines
that help to grow oneself and the business.
- Recruit top talent to deliver on our product and tech
- Do the right thing by not taking shortcuts and be an advocate
of best customer and developer experience.
- NoSQL Database
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
- Free Food & Snacks
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
YAA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious
creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national
origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner
status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status,
protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal,
state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be
discriminated against on these bases.
Keywords: YAA, Irvine , Lead Software Engineer - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!