Principal Software Engineer - Front-End Specialist
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Principal Software Engineer - Front-End Specialist About the
Company Arcules is changing the video surveillance market and
moving customers to a smarter, more reliable cloud-based solution.
Our company is a technology spin out of Canon Inc. and has seed
technology from the Milestone video surveillance division. We are
targeting mid-market enterprises looking to interconnect their
business locations. Our technology brings video and smart building
elements together and our analytics help customers make more
informed decisions. Our go-to-market strategy leverages systems
integration companies to get our solutions to end customers.
Arcules offers excellent benefits, including a top-tier PPO medical
plan, four weeks of vacation, three weeks of sick leave, 401(k)
plan after three months of employment (4% company match), an
on-site gym and game pavilion, an awesome work environment and
more. Overview of the Job We are looking for a Principal Software
Engineer with a passion and expertise for Front-End technologies
and React ecosystems. This role will be the expert senior resource
covering front-end engineering functions across multiple teams and
ensure that the Arcules solution will have a modern, elegant and
awesome user experience while keeping the technical solution
scalable, maintainable and reliable. This person will also lead and
mentor front-end engineers, consult and collaborate with other
principal engineers to influence or drive front-end technical and
architectural decisions and roadmap. Location We are open to remote
work for this role (US based). Responsibilities
- Work with product and technology teams to understand roadmap
priorities, innovate and evolve front-end feature sets for Arcules
- Drive design and implementation decisions based on sound
engineering design principles and best practices.
- Mentor senior engineers and technical leads to make sound
technical decisions and help build effective engineering
- Champion good software engineering habits (e.g. clean code
principles, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) and
apply pragmatic software design patterns to solve front-end
- Own, diagnose and resolve front-end technical issues and code
- Produce design and code that focuses on user experience,
testability, maintainability and scalability.
- Propose and drive the design and engineering enhancement to
improve the front-end technical solution.
- Collaborate with other principal engineers to establish an
engineering community of excellence (COE) to evangelize
architecture, code or security reviews, innovative engineering and
- Drive a culture of technical excellence, continuous improvement
and lifelong learning.
- Identify and work with SRE to implement opportunities for
automation to enhance efficiency in the software delivery cycle and
the reliability of the Arcules product.
- Maintain a strong understanding of front-end engineering
innovation to contribute to Arcules product architecture and
- Other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications
- 10 + years of experience in software engineering in a fast
paced environment with most recent 8+ years in front-end
development for microservice based solution
- Expert level with React and React ecosystem is a must
- Advanced experience with front-end testing and fully
- Hands on experience developing applications deployed using
public cloud infrastructure such as GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Advanced understanding of design patterns and coding practices
especially as applied to front-end concern
- Thrive in a fast paced and at times chaotic environment
- Strong understanding of modern CICD methodology and Git based
- Good understanding of application security, authentication and
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organization via
demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Docker technologies including experience in
optimizing Docker image and managing Docker image lifecycle
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science) or equivalent
- Strong understanding of Microservices architecture style
- Strong understanding of software development and lifecycle
- Good knowledge for software release tooling to include but not
limited to Bitbucket, Gitlab, Github, Circle-CI etc.
- Good knowledge of web and front-end testing frameworks or tools
in the React ecosystem as well as hands on experience with applying
TDD/BDD to Front-end software engineering Arcules is an equal
opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions without regard to
an applicant's race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
or any other protected category. Applicants must be legally
authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire.
Arcules is not offering work sponsorships at this time.
Keywords: Arcules, Irvine , Principal Software Engineer - Front-End Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!