Mobile App Engineer - Android
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Information Technology Irvine, California Plano, Texas We are at
the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market.
mello---, the Greek word for "future," was the product of a recent
$80+ million dollar investment in research & development to
transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital
experience like no other competitor offers. But mello--- is just
the beginning--- loanDepot will continue to invest in developing
our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our
customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional
service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have
ideas-it's a perfect match. Come join us! loanDepot - We are
America's Lender. Position Summary: Responsible for delivering
innovative, compelling, coherent mobile app software solutions for
our consumer, internal operations, and value chain constituents
across a wide variety of enterprise applications through the
creation of discrete business services and their supporting
components. Works collaboratively with other teams to design and
implement innovative solutions using latest technologies and
development best practices. This position ensures the performance
of all duties in accordance with the company's policies and
procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations,
wherein the company operates. Responsibilities:
- Estimates tasks: ensures functions and modules work on
- Troubleshooting and problem solving: Intermediate debugging
skills. Analyzes log files for patterns. Familiar with common
problems (memory leaks, deadlocks, etc.).
- Project design & execution: reads and delivers business and
technical requirements. Looks for and suggests design and
implementation improvements. Leads modest projects, contributes,
and advises on more complex projects.
- Testing: Intermediate skills; builds happy-path and sad-path
unit tests. Builds automated functional and integration tests.
Advises on testing strategy.
- Documenting solutions: Clearly documents solutions by following
established templates. Improves existing templates and creates new
templates as needed.
- Governance: Completes all mandatory training and abides by all
policies, laws, and guidelines. Proposes improvements to policies
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned. FOR ANDROID
- Develops, tests, and maintains native applications on the
- Delivers clean, well-tested code and meet project
- Engages in regular code reviews with colleagues to review,
analyze, improve, and teach coding skills.
- Adapts to current Android Studio updates and latest products.
Requirements: FOR ANDROID ENGINEER POSITION:
- Proven knowledge/working experience in Android app
- Deep understanding and proficiency in building mobile apps from
scratch in Kotlin or Java programming languages.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape,
architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development
- Strong understanding of programming principles (algorithms and
- Experience with Android SDK.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Ability to write clean, well-organized, and production-ready
- Minimum two (2) to five (5) years of relevant technology job
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- S. in Computer Science or B.S. Software Engineering or B.A. in
Computer Information Systems or equivalent education or experience.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional
voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision
of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh. We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate
based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. You have been redirected to a loanDepot job page
Keywords: loanDepot, Irvine , Mobile App Engineer - Android, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!