Senior Software Engineer, Web (remote)
Posted on: November 19, 2021
As a software developer at Grio you'll be focused on creating
web applications using a variety of technologies.
Grio looks for our engineers to be both very creative and highly
technical. You will be asked to tackle various coding obstacles and
make smart decisions, including weighing the pros and cons of
different approaches. There will be plenty of opportunity to move
around, intermingle on various projects/product teams and hone your
You should have an advanced ability to conceptualize, design and
build product features. You will need to be able to take a feature
and traverse the entire stack to build the pieces you will need to
deliver a high-quality implementation.
Successful candidates keep up-to-date with best practices in
software development and have a familiarity with leading-edge
industry developments. A successful candidate will use this deep
expertise to provide technical leadership to small and large teams.
You must be able to demonstrate mastery of at least one frontend
framework and one backend framework.
Our very best engineers are great communicators with the mental
agility to both discuss the big picture and dive into the smallest
details. We will expect you to articulate key technical concepts to
audiences as diverse as business leaders and clients with little
technical know-how, project leads, peers and junior developers.
Big plus if you have previous work experience in the tech start-up
and/or managed services/consulting industry. This is a remote
position, but candidates must be located and able to work in the
- 4+ years of seasoned experience building web applications.
- Previous experience building backend APIs.
- Seasoned experience using server-side web application
frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, as well as other open-source
- A desire to work on a variety of projects to upskill yourself
quickly and embrace life-long learning as a developer.
- Proven experience learning new technologies on your own.
- A desire and willingness to work on a diverse team with a
globally distributed workforce.
- Experience writing clean, maintainable and standards-compliant
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns, algorithms and data
- BA in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience in
- Previous experience building and styling frontend user
interfaces using React or other relevant frontend
- Experience with other server-side languages such as
- Experience with building mobile applications using native,
Flutter, and/or React Native.
- Experience with DevOps.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS3, SASS, Webpack, Responsive design.
- Experience with Graphql.
- Be part of a smart, dedicated, and agile team focused on
delivering top-quality software, design and customer service. Make
every project a success.
- Enjoy the flexibility of working on different projects,
technologies and industries for different clients.
- Weekly team hangouts and in-house "tech talks" to share new
ideas with each other.
- Paid health and wellness benefits; 50% paid for spouses and
- An educational allowance that coincides with the company's
life-long commitment to learning and development for all of its
- Compensation packages that let you share in the company's
- A 5% 401(k) company match - that's free money in your
- Small company with a family-like culture.
- A generous vacation policy - the longer your tenure, the more
vacay time you accrue.
Keywords: Grio, Irvine , Senior Software Engineer, Web (remote), IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!