D365 F&O Technical Architect
Company: Hitachi Solutions Canada
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Hitachi Solutions is a core IT Company of the Hitachi Group, which
employs over 330,000 people worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo,
Japan, Hitachi Solutions' reach extends to group companies in Japan
and abroad, working with a worldwide network of alliance partners.
Through systems integration, we strive to provide ideal solutions
and products to customers in a diverse set of countries and regions
including Asia, North America and Europe. Using a portfolio of
management consulting, implementation, and support services, we
help our clients compete with the largest global enterprises
leveraging powerful, affordable, and easy to use industry solutions
built on Microsoft technologies. Our vision is to help you achieve
your vision through superior products, prices, and people.
Although listed in the Irvine area, this role can be based anywhere
in the United States.
As a Hitachi Solutions D365 F&O Technical Architect you will be
- Participating in the initial phase of client projects leading
technical workshops and providing design guidance in areas such as
extensions/modifications, data conversion, environment provisioning
and application integration.
- Works with the customer and end users to define technical
- Leads Technical workshops and design sessions with the Customer
and other ISV vendors.
- Ensures that the technical requirements tie back to the
established customer requirements and performance goals and that
the technical direction is consistent with the client's long-term
- Fully understands the capabilities and limitations of the
technical environments of the applications used by the
- Makes sure the proposed gap resolutions fit in the overall
architecture and business logic of Dynamics Ax and its
- Aligns the RICEW (Reports, Interfaces, Conversion/Data
Migration, Extensions) customization requests with each
- Performs the technical design for all RICEW components.
- Reviews technical architecture deliverables throughout
development to ensure quality and requirements traceability.
- Has overall technical responsibility for the technical aspects
of the project environments until system handover.
- Ensures that internal development guidelines are understood and
applied by the development team.
- Identifies and communicates any cross-area or cross-release
issues that affect other project areas.
- Ensures adherence to all quality management plans and standards
by participating in quality management reviews.
- Validates the design with the stakeholders to ensure that the
design satisfies the requirements.
- Ensures security practices are used and applied throughout the
- Contribute to the development of Hitachi intellectual property
and Packaged Services initiatives.
- Have a deep understanding of the D365 F&O technology stack
and the peripheral technologies that can be leveraged including,
but not limited to, Azure, Azure SQL, Power BI, Common Data
Service, Power Apps, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Machine Learning,
- Proven record of delivering business value by leveraging
technology and an ability to communicate strategic technical
concepts at an executive level and be a trusted voice at the
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual, who
can work under dynamic conditions and within deadlines.
- 5+ years of ERP technical implementation (AX 2009, AX 2012) and
integration experience working with Enterprise clients.
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance
and Operations (Implementation and Consulting) with Enterprise
clients and at least 3+ years of experience with Dynamics AX
- Minimum of two full lifecycle ERP implementations leading a
technical workstream such as integration, data conversion or
- Good understanding of LCS (Life Cycle Services) and Azure
- Experience in other technologies such as SQL, PowerBI along
with good knowledge C# and the .Net framework.
- Knowledge of end to end D365FO implementation.
- Experience with D365FO interfacing and integration.
- Knowledge in gathering technical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations in the following technical
- Data Management Framework (aka DIXF).
- PowerApps, LogicApps, Common Data Service and other Azure
Services including Azure Functions, Azure Blob and Table Storage,
Azure Event Grid, Azure Service Bus, Azure API Management.
- Understanding of Synchronous and Asynchronous integration
- Extension approach to customization versus overlayering.
- Role-based security design and customization.
- Extensible Data Security.
- Report development and Power BI.
- Code build and deployment via Visual Studio Team Services and
- Understanding of Azure Licensing and Costing is a
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of functional capabilities of D365FO:
- Project Management and Accounting
Your Background Likely Includes
- Expertise in providing development solutions in a D365O
- Experience with D365O in a Development role.
- Experience of at least two large scale ERP
- Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing
- Pre-sales experience is a plus.
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills.
- Business process mapping, modelling and documentation
- Participation/Interest in evaluating latest preview releases
from Microsoft including Dual Write, RSAT.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information
Systems, or related field.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Hitachi Solutions Canada, Irvine , D365 F&O Technical Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!