Sr Software Engineer (Back End Specialist)
Posted on: November 16, 2020
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving
lending market. mello---, the Greek word for "future," was the
product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research &
development to transform & streamline the home buying process into
a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello---
is just the beginning--- loanDepot will continue to invest in
developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around
serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide
exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you
have ideas-it's a perfect match. Come join us!loanDepot - We are
America's Lender.Job SummaryThe Senior Software Engineer relies on
5-8 years of experience building and supporting Enterprise
Applications to design, develop, and enhance mello--the engine that
helps borrowers fulfill their dream of home ownership. At loanDepot
we build mobile experiences and line of business applications that
handle millions of transactions per year. We expect you to bring
excellent code, an understanding of modern design patterns and a
passion for performance. In return, we will provide you with access
to cutting edge technology, a modern Agile workplace, a team of
skilled professionals, and complex problems to solve. We are
growing and you can grow here too. Preferred Qualifications
- Deep familiarity with the modern ASP.NET pipeline with emphasis
on .NET Core
- Expertise in avoiding common problems of dynamic application
load using established techniques such as caching, API design,
resource scaling and asynchronous communication patterns.
- Exposure to "expert systems" design including the use of
rules-based approaches and machine learning.
- Ability to deliver applications built on well designed and
reusable components. Strong familiar with the creation and use of
NuGet packages, CI/CD Artifacts, and other approaches to simplify
and reuse software.
- At least 5 years of experience with an Enterprise programming
language (C#, C++, or Java). Java experience can be used to satisfy
the requirement, but all development will be done in .NET.
- "Full Stack" experience with Microsoft technologies such as
Visual Studio, SQL Server
- Experienced in SQL DML and DDL, can "read" data models, as well
as identify and resolve common performance problems.
- Commitment to code quality as demonstrated by the practice of
test-driven development, the creation of unit tests and active
participation in code reviews.
- Experience developing with and deploying on Azure Cloud
technologies, including Function Apps, Storage Blobs, Azure Service
Bus, Service Fabric, API Management, Power Automate and Dynamics
- Prior exposure to Empower or another full featured loan
servicing platform is always desirable.
- Designs applications with simple and well understood
dependencies suitable for deployment in a CI/CD environment
- Works with the Product Owner to provide technical design,
estimation, and implementation for user stories.
- Participates in all Agile ceremonies, including Sprint
Planning, SCRUM, and Retrospectives.
- Provides technical design leadership on user stories, engaging
the Data and Architecture groups as needed.
- Deliver user stories on time with high quality, serving in a
leadership role where needed or in a supporting capacity.
- Mentor junior developers and assist with the technical
breakdown of user stories for execution as needed.
- Designs software for reliability and automated deployment by
creating detailed unit tests using an appropriate testing
- Works with the Information Security Team to assure that all
solutions follow best practices in protecting our customer's
- Takes a primary role in resolving critical production issues
when needed. The Perks:
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental &
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional
voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- DTO/unlimited (discretionary time off, per manager's approval),
in addition to 8 paid company holidaysThe opportunity to work for
America's Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony
HsiehWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: loanDepot, Irvine , Sr Software Engineer (Back End Specialist), IT / Software / Systems , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!