Associate HR Generalist
Company: MKS Instruments
Posted on: February 11, 2019
MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation , Spectra-Physics and Ophir , leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
This role will be responsible for providing Human Resources support to achieve business objectives and proactively resolve Human Resources issues, acquiring talent, implement Human Resources policies, etc. Main responsibility would be to leverage understanding of the assigned businesses recruitment needs to support talent acquisition strategies in an effort to attract and hire a diverse, best-in-class talent for the organization.
* Provides coaching and support in all areas of talent management, including selection, assessment, development, deployment, engagement and retention of talent. On-boarding and off-boarding of talent.
* Handling requisitions for end-to-end recruitment of internal and external talent
* Partners with Hiring Manager and HR Business Lead in the recruitment and selection process
* Supports talent strategy by presenting diverse interview slates; evaluates profiles of potential candidates and performs preliminary phone screen assessment
* Implements sourcing strategies to attract prospects, maximize talent pipelines, and minimize outside agency cost
* Responsible for tradeshows and college relations by attending campus/university recruitment
* Adheres to EEO and Affirmative Action compliance data and reporting requirements using Taleo applicant tracking system
* Manage and/or build vendor relations with search firms/agencies, trade schools, community outreach programs, etc.
* As needed, supports the HR Business Leads on Employee Relations, Training & Development, Coaching, Projects, Policy Interpretation, Process Improvement, and Programs/Activities
* Bachelor s degree
* Minimum 2-5 years of recruiting experience in a manufacturing environment
* HR generalist experience a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to effectively interface with all level of employees
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
* Exceptional results orientation with a high degree of personal initiative and very hands on, flexible and customer centric attitude
* Exposure to HR Systems (i.e. Ultipro, SAP, Taleo)
* Working experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Expertise with California Labor Laws and Requirements
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Keywords: MKS Instruments, Irvine , Associate HR Generalist, Human Resources , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!