Human Resources Manager - SLC
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: January 22, 2023
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Human Resources Manager is a key leader and member of the
leadership staff. In this role, the Human Resources Manager
provides the full range of HR support to the facility in the areas
of positive employee relations, talent acquisition and retention,
employee development, compensation, and benefits administration.
This position is also responsible for partnering with the site's
Environmental, Safety, and Health team to support the site's safety
programs and initiatives.Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as a business partner and advisor to the Leadership Team
and General Manager.
- Provides guidance and advice on employee relations issues, HR
policy and practice, and compliance matters.
- Understands the business and creates HR strategies to align
with business goals.
Develops and administer key HR policies and processes.
- Recommends changes to affect continuous improvement in
efficiency of department and services performed.
- Partners with and supports department managers with workforce
planning, performance management, and employee development.
- Effectively resolves employee relations issues and performs
investigations as required.
- Designs and maintains an effective employee engagement strategy
to motivate the workforce, reward performance and retain
- Develops recruitment strategies and drives the company's Human
- Partner with Environmental Health and Safety to ensure OSHA
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting
regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures
policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant.
- Manages the facility Workers' Compensation Program, including
claim management and interactions with insurance company and legal
- Other duties as assigned.Required Skills:
- Robust knowledge of Worker's Compensation management
- Demonstrated ability to influence leadership and interact
effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow written and
- Has a strong sense of urgency and able to meet deadlines and be
accountable for quality/quantity.
- Previous experience with AAP, compensation, benefits
administration, and human capital planning.
- Solid knowledge of FMLA, OSHA, benefits administration, and
rewards and recognition programs for the workforce.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, relentlessly execute and
deliver results in conformance with action plans.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities,
stay organized, and easily adapt to changing situations and
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, and ADP
Applications). Experience with Workday is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as
interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to perform work at the tactical and strategic
level.Required Experience and Level of Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required.
Master's degree in Human Resources or a related field a plus.
- 5+ years of human resources experience, preferably in a
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Irvine , Human Resources Manager - SLC, Human Resources , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!