Human Resources Manager
Company: 5.11, Inc.
Posted on: May 13, 2022
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:POSITION SUMMARY: The
HR Manager role is a hands-on partner, an employee advocate, a
champion of 5.11 culture as well as an HR business partner. This
role will support policy and procedure design, contribute to
process improvement, guide employee relations, and manage
performance matters. The HR Manager is accountable for the full
spectrum of HR practices for our local office and our Washington
location along with support of international business unit needs;
this will include process and compliance, performance management,
training, and employee matters. The HR Manager will also be
involved in supporting the development and implementation of core
HR programs. This role will be the primary leader for the HR team
on day-to-day people needs. This role will partner with leaders to
create work environments which are business results centric, engage
and develop employees, guide our culture, and foster diversity and
- Subject matter expert for employees and managers with questions
and guidance on HR topics and matters; on-site support at the local
office while providing expertise for escalations for other business
units as necessary.
- Strategize, support, and drive the implementation and
management of HR programs, review and maintain policies,
procedures, programs, and laws, and keep management informed of new
- Provide guidance and counsel to build capabilities of
front-line managers and employees to ensure consistent application
and integration of policies, procedures, and practices to promote
an ethical and compliant workplace consistent with 5.11 and legal
standards. Partner with Sr. HR Manager Retail to ensure alignment
across business units.
- Ensure all employee relations issues are properly identified,
documented, reported, and resolved, maintaining the utmost levels
- Provide guidance to HR team on Workers' Compensation and Leave
of Absence as needed.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to support employee
engagement by helping to identify and diagnose potential issues and
proactively initiate solutions and recommendations for
- Ensure HR provides organizational support for business unit
employees' development to continuously elevate the quality and
performance of employees.
- Plan and execute management development initiatives for high
- Highly skilled in navigating HRIS systems to generate and
analyze people metrics, HR dashboards, staffing updates, etc.
- Provide ongoing performance coaching and feedback to front-line
leaders and managers regarding issues related to management style,
communication, employee and peer interactions, career and
leadership development, corrective action, and conflict
- Implement HR processes and systems to maximize retention of
employees and minimize employee relations issues.
- Participate in operating and budget discussions in support of
key HR business needs.
- Advocate and implement practices to ensure 5.11 is one of the
best places to work wherever we do business.
- Partners with Sr. Director and is accountable for performance
review and Individual Development activities across the
- Leverage analytical and metrics focused skills and thinking for
delivering accurate and efficient data and metrics across all HR
- Coordinate with other domestic and international offices to
ensure and support the delivery of people
initiatives.QUALIFICATIONS:To perform the job successfully, an
individual should have the following credentials:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, ideally in business or human
- PHR/SPHR, or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in HR Generalist role, including experience
supporting multi-unit retail operations.
- Extensive knowledge of HR including HR concepts, principles,
and best practices in the industry.
- Possess both hands-on and strategic capability in people
challenges, HR planning and implementation.
- Capable of earning trust through a clear and assertive point of
view about how to build business performance.
- Able to navigate tensions of daily business activities while
remaining collected and thoughtful.
- Demonstrate a proven track record in people management with the
ability to build a team and help others grow and develop.
- Knowledge of employment law including federal and multiple
states laws and/or regulatory agencies.
- Compliance knowledge including strong interpersonal and
- Solid knowledge of administration for Leaves of Absence,
Workers' Compensation, ADA accommodations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems, as well
as project management skills.
- Solid knowledge and experience in HR concepts and principles
gained through education and experience to include employment law,
employee relations, compensation, performance management, and
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - must have
a high level of customer service, professionalism, and
- Able to manage multiple projects including those outside of job
requirements and respond timely in a fast-paced, changing
environment.ETHOS:At 5.11, everyone has the opportunity to be a
leader and perform in an exceptional manner. We strive to uphold
our Ethos which defines our culture - Trusted, Responsive,
Accountable and Committed.
- Strive to create trust in everything we do, starting with
self-trust and relationship trust. We work on the components of
integrity, intent, capability, and results.
- Listen to the needs of our end-user Professionals, then
develop, produce, and deliver solutions to their problems. Each of
us chooses to be a leader and takes charge of what is within our
circle of influence.
- Seek to achieve results with a bias for action. We like to
compete and be measured against the most demanding standards to
ensure our continued success.
- Overcome obstacles to accomplish our goals and support our team
members when challenges arise. We complete commitments and seek to
'over-deliver" relative to
Motivations:EducationExperienceLicenses & CertificationsEqual
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Your full LinkedIn
will be shared. Learn More
Keywords: 5.11, Inc., Irvine , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!