Company: 5.11, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Located in Irvine,
California, 5.11 is the fastest-growing and most well-known brand
of purpose-built apparel, footwear and gear designed specifically
to enhance the safety, accuracy, speed and performance of tactical
professionals and technical enthusiasts worldwide. With offices
around the globe, 5.11 works directly with end users to create
products that exceed rigorous standards and has allowed the brand
to establish a reputation for innovation and authenticity, and
become the premier choice for those who always have to be ready.
Our purpose-built gear has developed strong consumer demand,
creating a direct-to-consumer business that is now our largest
growth engine. 5.11 products can be purchased online, through
authorized dealers and retailers, as well as at 5.11 company-owned
retail stores. Our long-term vision is to build an iconic global
brand rooted in innovating purpose-built gear for the most demand
missions, inspiring the world to always be ready. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Retail Buyer will identify, select, and manage the assortment
for all 5.11 product categories. Support the merchandising
strategies of the company and brand vision resulting in the
attainment of its financial goals and objectives. Key
responsibilities include purchase decisions, sales growth,
inventory, and gross margin management. Work collaboratively with
Planning, Allocation and Store Operations on reacting to business,
driving sales, and coordinating inventory movement.
- Review sales performance and marketplace information to
identify sales trends and business opportunities.
- Analyze product trends and historical data at division,
classification, and style level.
- Provide input in sales forecast and OTB discussions that review
sales and inventory against financial goals, recommending changes
to future order quantities, deliveries, pricing, or markdown
- Align with planning on pre-season financial plans for both
perpetual and new seasonal products.
- Support and compile data as needed to assist in developing
seasonal strategies and financial targets.
- Participate in bottoms-up planning that determine quantities
for all styles, evaluate buys at style, class, and department level
against initial plans.
- Create, maintain, and communicate assortment line sheet changes
to appropriate business partners on an ongoing basis.
- Builds a strong relationship with the Category Managers,
collaborating on the assortment strategy for Retail.
- Engages in Go-to-Market (GTM) process and applies current
selling and channel trend knowledge to support future product line
- Partners closely with the Visual Merchandising team early in
the GTM process to deliver appropriate demand forecasts and a
comprehensive view of the Retail store strategy.
- Collaborates with Product and Supply Planning on speed to
market and SMU programs as well as replenishment programs to meet
- Develop working knowledge of customer base through store
visits. Get customer and store feedback to communicate to
- Develop and train Assistant Buyer QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of prior experience in Buying (or Planning and
- Proficient computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite to include
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to read, analyze
and interpret general retail reports.
- Good eye for detail, understanding market movements and its
effects on the numbers, creativity, capability of working under
pressure, risk taking and decision-making ability.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a demonstrated ability to develop
and drive strategy
- Detail oriented with regard to numerical information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. ETHOS: At
5.11 Tactical, everyone has the opportunity to be a leader and
perform in an exceptional manner. We strive to uphold our Ethos
which defines our culture - Trusted, Responsive, Accountable and
- Strive to create trust in everything we do, starting with
self-trust and relationship trust. We work on the components of
integrity, intent, capability and results.
- Listen to the needs of our end-user Professionals, then
develop, produce and deliver solutions to their problems. Each of
us chooses to be a leader and takes charge of what is within our
circle of influence.
- Seek to achieve results with a bias for action. We like to
compete and be measured against the most demanding standards to
ensure our continued success.
- Overcome obstacles to accomplish our goals and support our team
members when challenges arise. We complete commitments and seek to
'over-deliver" relative to expectations. 5.11 practice is to hire
at age 18 and older. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: 5.11, Inc., Irvine , Retail Buyer, Hospitality & Tourism , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!